If you live on one of the islands of the Caribbean Netherlands (Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba) and you are going to study in the Caribbean or in the United States, you can apply for a study financing.
If you go to the Netherlands to study, you can apply for a start-up allowance.
- The BES Study Financing Law explained for students from the Caribbean Netherlands
- Study in the European Netherlands? Apply for a Start-up Allowance!
- Study in the Caribbean, the US or Canada? Apply for a BES Study Financing!
Conditions for study financing for the Caribbean Netherlands
There are conditions regarding your age, education, nationality and place of residence.
- Age: you are younger than 30
- Education: you are studying full-time SBO/MBO (BOL), HBO or are at university in the Caribbean or the US
- Nationality and place of residence: You now live in Carribean Netherlands and you have Dutch nationality. If you do not have Dutch nationality then you can still apply if you have lived in the Caribbean Netherlands for at least ten years.
Studying in the Netherlands
If you are going to study in the Netherlands, you can apply for a Dutch student grant from DUO. You can also apply for a one-off start-up allowance from the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland.