Renewal of fixed term residence permit

If you have a residence permit, this is valid for a certain period of time. If the validity has expired, you must leave Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba within four weeks. If you wish to renew your stay at the Public Entities, we advise you to commence the process to submit an application for renewal of the validity period four months before your residence permit expires.

Who is this form for?

Persons with a Fixed term residence permit which is expiring shortly but who wish to extend their stay at the Public Entities. You can only use this form when you: 

  • currently have a valid Fixed term residence permit in the public entities; and
  • wish to renew your permit with the same residence purpose; and
  • there are no changes in your situation that affect your right of residence.

Why this form?

This form allows you to apply for renewal of the period of validity of your Fixed term residence permit. 

What documents should I enclose?

In addition to the application form, you must also submit other documents and pay fees. What those are depends on your situation. The required documentation is stated in the document list on the application form. Make sure you enclose everything. Only complete applications will be considered.

A Statement of Good Conduct (VOG) is one of the documents required for applying for a renewal of a residence permit. The IND requests this document from the Public Prosecutor’s Office.

When do I submit my application? 

An application for renewal of a residence permit can be submitted to the IND Caribbean Netherlands four months before the expiry date of the current permit. Do not submit an application if your residence permit is still valid for more than four months. This may be a reason to reject your application. Do not wait until the last minute to submit your renewal application!

Where do I submit my form?

You can submit your application in person at one of the IND-unit Caribbean Netherlands offices. To submit an application you need to make an appointment in advance. Look for the contact information and opening hours of all IND offices on the contact page.

What happens to my application?

The IND unit Caribbean Netherlands assesses your application and determines whether you are eligible to extend the validity period of your residence permit. Whether and for how long your residence permit is renewed depends on your situation. Usually your residence permit can be extended for one year. If your application is not complete, it cannot be assessed. You will receive written notice once your application has been decided on.

What if my application has been approved?

If your application has been approved, you must visit Civil Affairs to renew your Sedula. Click here for more information about Civil Affairs Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.

Please note!

If you have resided for five years or more in the Caribbean Netherlands, you can apply for a permanent residence permit.