Application fixed term residence permit

Who is this form for?

Individuals with citizenship of EU Member States, EEA Member States (European Economic Area), Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Vatican City, United States, South Korea or Switzerland who want to work or want to stay for longer than three months on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba. 

Why this form?

This form allows you to submit a fixed term residence permit application while you do not need to have a valid MVV. 

What documents should I enclose?

In addition to the application form, you must also submit other documents and pay fees. What those are depends on your situation. The required documentation is stated in the document list on the application form. Make sure you enclose everything. Only complete applications will be considered.

Where do I submit my form?

You can submit your application in person at one of the IND-unit Caribbean Netherlands offices. To submit an application you need to make an appointment in advance. Look for the contact information and opening hours of all IND offices on the contact page.

What happens to my application?

If you have submitted your application in person to one of the offices of the IND-unit Caribbean Netherlands and your application is complete, your application will be processed. If your application is not complete, it cannot be assessed. You will receive written notice once your application has been decided on. Please take a handling period of at least six months into account. The IND aims to complete an application within three months. If it appears that you do not meet the conditions for the residence permit for which you have requested a change, then the IND unit Caribbean Netherlands will check if you are eligible for an extension of your current residence permit.

What if my application has been approved?

If your application for a Residence Permit has been approved, you must register at Civil Affairs in the municipal register. This is mandatory. Once you have registered, an identity document (sedula) is made for you at Civil Affairs.

Click here for more information about Civil Affairs Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius.

Please note!

If your application is approved, you will receive a residence permit for a fixed term. If you want to stay longer, renew your residence permit on time.