Special social relief

The Social Affairs and Employment unit (Sociale Zaken en Werkgelegenheid, SZW) can help you with special social relief if you have to incur expenses which you cannot pay. You qualify for special social relief if, for instance, your refrigerator breaks down and you do not have money to buy a new one, or when you are expecting a baby but do not have money for the layette. Special social relief also contributes to the costs of school supplies for your children.

Are you entitled to special social relief?

If you are facing major necessary expenses and you do not have money to pay them, you may apply for special social relief. Please visit us during consulting hours to do so. A social relief officer will assess whether you meet the requirements.

Examples of major necessary expenses include costs associated with the purchase of a bed, stove, washing machine, refrigerator, ventilator, layette and school supplies for your children in secondary education.

Do you need more information?

For more information you can go to the SZW unit during consulting hours, call 715-8888, or send an email to onderstand@rijksdienstcn.com.

For the official laws and regulations governing social relief, see the BES Social Relief Act (Besluit Onderstand BES) and the Publication of policy rules for social relief.