The second Education Agenda
The second Education Agenda was drawn up in 2016, following the evaluation of the objectives achieved from the first Education Agenda. This Education Agenda covers the years 2017 up to and including 2020. The main objectives of this education agenda are:
- Ensuring that students in the Caribbean Netherlands receive education in 2020 that is of adequate quality
- Demonstrably improved educational results
Development of education in the Caribbean Netherlands between 2014 and 2016
The Inspectorate of Education continuously monitored developments in education in the Caribbean Netherlands during the course of the first Education Agenda.
They recorded their findings over the years 2014-2016 in the document The Development of Education in the Caribbean Netherlands between 2014 and 2016 (De ontwikkeling van het onderwijs in Caribisch Nederland tussen 2014-2016).
Just as with the first Education Agenda, the parties in education collaborate on the realisation of a number of priorities:
- Further promotion of the administrative power, professionalism and continuity
- Sound financial management, an organised administration and a long-term policy
- More effective language education
- Further organise the education care structure
- Education that is properly geared to further education and/or the labour market
- Better preconditions (housing, compulsory education, legislation, employment conditions and integrated collaboration)
The education agenda has three island annexes: of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. In these annexes, the education stakeholders of these islands indicate, per priority, which activities they will undertake to achieve the agreed results for 2020.
The second Education Agenda was signed on November 28th, 2016 during the third Education Conference, in St. Eustatius.