Request proof of registration

When travelling outside the BES islands, it is important that you request proof of registration from ZJCN before your departure. This document is proof that you are registered with ZJCN.

It does not entitle you to reimbursement of medical expenses. To claim expenses for medical services abroad, you must notify ZJCN of the medical emergency as soon as possible. Note: While abroad, you are only insured for emergency care that, for medical reasons, cannot be postponed.

The reimbursement for care abroad may not be higher than the reimbursement in the BES territory. For this reason, ZJCN always advises travellers to sign up for a travel insurance.