Do you disagree with a contribution that has been charged or a decision about an entitlement to care? Then you may submit an objection with Zorg en Jeugd Caribisch Nederland (ZJCN). This must be done in writing and within 6 weeks at most.

The notice of objection must contain the following components:

  • Your name and address
  • The date and your signature
  • A description of the decision against which you are objecting
  • The reasons why you disagree with this decision.

If a notice of objection has not been submitted within 6 weeks, ZJCN shall declare the notice of objection to be inadmissible and the objection shall not be pursued further. ZJCN will process your objection as soon as possible. We strive to process a notice of objection within the legal period of a maximum of 6 weeks.
ZJCN may declare an objection as grounded, partially grounded, partially ungrounded or ungrounded. If a detailed investigation appears to be necessary, the settlement may take somewhat longer. For example, ZJCN may decide to arrange for a public inquiry.

Appeal to the court and Disciplinary proceedings

Do you disagree with the decision or handling of your objection by ZJCN? You can appeal to the Court of First Instance of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba and possibly appeal to the Joint Court of Justice of Aruba, Curaçao, Sint Maarten and of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.

If the care provider does not act according to the rules of conduct of its occupational group, you can also submit a complaint to the Medical Disciplinary Tribunal. This may involve, for example, a care provider that acted negligently, too slowly or provided too little information.