Start application for school supplies allowance SZW

This year as well, parents or guardians of school-going children in the Caribbean Netherlands may qualify for an allowance for the costs of school supplies such as uniforms, shoes and stationery. For children going to secondary school after the upcoming summer holidays, parents or guardians on Bonaire and Sint Eustatius can contact the SZW unit of RCN.



Families on Bonaire with one or more child(ren) in secondary school and with an income of up to $2,100 net per month may qualify for this support. It is possible to apply by e-mail or in person during the special consultation hours at the SZW office at Playa: on Saturday the 29th of June and the 6th of July between 9 am and 2 pm.  Throughout July, consultation hours are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1:30 pm to 4 pm. The consultation hours are held at the SZW office in Playa. If a parent or caregiver is unable to drop by at these consultation hours or submit an application digitally, an appointment can be made via the e-mail address  or via WhatsApp +599 795 5053.

St. Eustatius

On St. Eustatius, the income limit is also $2,100 net per month per household with one or more child(ren) in secondary school. On St. Eustatius, parents and caregivers can visit the SZW office from Monday to Thursday in the morning hours to submit an application.

Required documents

The application form can be found at in the 'Social Affairs' section. In addition, applicants must provide a (copy of) a valid ID card (including that of the children), pay slips and bank statements for the past two months. If the applicant has a partner who is part of the same household, these documents must also be provided from him or her. Furthermore, it must be demonstrated that the child attends secondary school by means of a certificate of enrolment or the latest report from the primary school. A guardian or caregiver must also show an order proving that he or she is the legal guardian.

Children in primary education and on Saba

Parents or guardians of children attending primary education can contact the Public Entity on their island for the conditions and required documents. On Saba, for an allowance for school supplies and school uniforms for both primary and secondary school children, you can apply to the Public Entity (Saba Community Development Department).

For more information on the 2024 School Supplies Campaign, visit