Start application for school supplies allowance SZW

This year also, parents or guardians of school-going children in the Caribbean Netherlands may qualify for an allowance for the costs of school supplies such as uniforms, shoes and stationery. For children going to secondary school (after the upcoming summer holidays), parents or guardians on Bonaire and St. Eustatius can contact the SZW unit of RCN for this purpose. On Saba, parents can contact the public body for primary school pupils and secondary school pupils.

Blije schoolkinderen
Image: ©Shutterstock


Families on Bonaire with one child in secondary school and with an income of up to $1,484 net per month may qualify for this support. For two children, the combined income cannot exceed $1,607 net per month. For three or more children, the income limit is $1,731. It is possible to apply by e-mail or in person during the special consultation hours: on the 19th, 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th and the 28th of June between 3 pm and 7pm.  Throughout July, consultation hours are held on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 1:30pm to 4 pm. The consultation hours are held at the SZW office in Playa. If a parent or caregiver is unable to drop by at the aforementioned consultation hours or submit an application digitally, an appointment can be made via the e-mail address  or via WhatsApp +599 795 5053.

St. Eustatius

On St. Eustatius, the income limit is $1,736 net per month per household with one child in secondary school. Here, with more children, an application can be made with a higher income. On St. Eustatius, parents and caregivers can visit the SZW office from Monday to Thursday in the morning hours to submit an application.


On Saba, from the 1st of June 2023, for an allowance for school supplies and school uniforms for both primary and secondary school children, you can apply to the Public Entity of Saba. For more information, visit:

Required documents

The application form can be found at under 'Social Affairs'. In addition, applicants must provide a (copy of) a valid ID card (including that of the children), pay slips and bank statements for the past three months. If the applicant has a partner who is part of the same household, these documents must also be provided from him or her. Furthermore, it must be demonstrated that the child attends secondary school by means of a certificate of enrolment or the latest report from the primary school. A guardian or caregiver must also show an order proving that he or she is the legal guardian.

Children in primary education

Parents or guardians of children attending primary education can contact the Public Entity on their island for the conditions and required documents. On Saba, this applies to primary and secondary education. For more information on the 2023 School Supplies Campaign, visit