Guardianship if parents die

If the parent(s) has/have not recorded the wishes for guardianship, the judge will appoint a guardian for the child after the death of the parent(s). Sometimes there is no guardian or precisely more suitable guardians, or there is disagreement about the guardianship. The judge can then request advice from the Guardianship Council CN.

Below you can read more about the steps that are followed to reach a good guardianship solution for the child.