The RDI charges fees for activities such as inspections, examinations, and the issue of licenses and concessions. These activities are accompanied by different fees.
Fees that relate to issuing and monitoring concessions have been mentioned in the Telecommunication concession fees Rijksinspectie Digitale Infrastructuur BES 2015.
Fees for other activities, like issuing licenses, the accompanying supervision, examinations and issuing permission statements, have been mentioned in the Telecommunication provision fees Rijksinspectie Digitale Infrastructuur BES 2022.
An invoice will be sent for these fees. You will be given 30 days to pay this invoice. Bear in mind that your bank may charge you transaction costs, for example because the fee is paid in a foreign currency. If this is the case, you must transfer the invoiced total, as well as all bank charges. RDI must receive the total invoiced amount.
If you forget to pay the invoice on time, you will receive one reminder followed by one warning. If RDI has not received anything by the third payment deadline, the outstanding claim will be transferred to our bailiff.
Once the claim has been transferred to our bailiff, it will no longer be possible to make any arrangements with RDI, like agreeing a payment plan. The costs associated with collection via the bailiff will be charged to you.
If you are temporarily unable to pay a claim in one go, RDI is able to offer deferment of payment by establishing a payment plan with you. However, payment plans will always be subject to the following conditions:
- The claim must always be settled within one year of the date mentioned on the invoice;
- A concession or license cannot be transferred to someone else while a payment plan is running;
- If a particular instalment remains unpaid, the claim will be immediately transferred to the bailiff without further notification;
- Requests for a payment plan must be submitted within 30 days of the date mentioned on the invoice.
Requests must also contain the following details:
- Name, address and signature of the requesting party (the person who is competent to issue a signature);
- The number of the invoice for which the payment plan is being requested;
- Proposal concerning the number of instalments;
- Explanation about why a claim cannot be settled in one go.
If you have questions about an invoice or about establishing a payment plan, it is best to contact us by sending an e-mail to BES@rdi.nl.