Availability of medical devices
Availability of medical devices entails the provision of medical devices. This includes, in summary:
- Medical devices for contraception
- Hypodermic syringes
- Medical devices for sight, hearing, mobility or respiration
- Medical devices for diabetes
- Care products
- Medical devices for long-term compensation of loss of function in blood and lymphatic vessels or in arms, hands and fingers
- Medical devices for chronic pain
- Medical devices for communication and signage
- Medical devices for the administration of nourishment or intravenous infusion
- Furnishing elements for modifying residences
- Means and expenses of home dialysis
A detailed overview of the medical devices that you are entitled to use can be found in the BES Healthcare Insurance Claims Regulation, section 7, Article 1.7.5-1.7.31.
For some medical devices, such as the acquisition of a wheelchair, prior permission from the inspector of Care and Youth Caribbean Netherlands (ZJCN) is required. Your physician or medical device supplier will know for which medical devices permission is required. A personal contribution may also be required for some medical devices. Altering, replacing or restoring the medical devices is included, unless it is obvious that the use thereof has been careless. The ZJCN determines whether the medical devices are given or provided based on lease.