ZJCN Behavioural Scientist
Are you a decisive colleague with the skills to take adequate action? Join our team!
Academic|Bonaire|39.5 hours| P&O2020_07_007 | Closing date: August 12th, 2020
As Behavioural Scientist you will counsel and support youth care professionals of the units itinerant care, family supervision and foster care in the performance of their tasks. If required, you will also maintain contacts using the client system.
In cases with serious child-rearing and growth problems, the itinerant social workers provide parents and their children, methodical assistance by means of child rearing support in the home situation . The family guardians offer counselling as part of a Supervision Order imposed by the Court.
Together with the youth care professionals you will prepare counselling programmes and monitor the progress made. At a case level you will maintain contacts with the other organisations on the islands that are involved/work with youngsters. As part of preventive activities you will develop and coordinate tailored child-rearing support programmes and you will play an active role in the implementation of these programmes.
Care and Youth Caribbean Netherlands (Zorg en Jeugd Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter ZJCN) focuses on the care for children whose development is at risk, in order to meet the safety preconditions and the development requirements. For this purpose ZJCN uses both voluntary and forced programmes.
The youth policy in the Caribbean Netherlands distinguishes two authorities: the Public Entities which are primarily responsible for prevention and the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport (Ministerie van Volksgezondheid, Welzijn en Sport, VWS) which is responsible for more intensive youth care and the implementation of family supervision.
- Communication skills (verbally/in writing)
- Analytical skills
- Skills to motivate and stimulate
- You have an academic level of working and thinking in the area of (Ortho)pedagogy and/or (Developmental) Psychology
- You have a proper command of Dutch a and English, both verbally and in writing, Papiamentu is a requirement
- You have comprehensive work experience as an educationalist preferably combined with practical experience in working with the target group. Experience in working with people with a mild intellectual disability is considered an additional asset
- You have comprehensive relevant verbal and written communication skills for (directing) case consultations, therapeutic contacts and client reports
- You are flexible with regard to travelling between the islands
- You have a hands-on mentality, you are creative and you have the ability to think out of the box
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 10 and job salary scale 11 between a minimum of $2,967.00 and a maximum of $4,460.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- A ‘thirteenth month’ (end-of-year bonus) of 8.33%, at least equalling $1,750.00
- A holiday pay; 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week)
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES law
- A relocation scheme if the applicant lives abroad
Terms of appointment
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- An assessment may be part of the selection procedure
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact
Name : Jenny Pourier
Telephone : + 599 781 0055
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com