Werkgeverschap Senior lawyer
Are you a qualified and experienced lawyer in civil service law, and do you want to play a fundamental role in the personnel affairs of our ambitious organisation? Do you possess the required powers of persuasion and are you not afraid of complex cases? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
University education | Bonaire | 36 hours per week | Vacancy number: P&O2023_010_011 | Closing date: 22 of December 2023
As senior lawyer, you will mainly offer legal advice and support to the qualified entity when dealing with complex HR-related issues. You will work autonomously and as part of a team. You will also play an important role when establishing agreements concerning employment conditions.
- Offering general legal support and advice to the Werkgeverschap team, in the interest of policy development, integrity-related issues, and the general affairs of the director RCN;
- Developing and implementing personnel policy as well as laws and regulations. For instance, negotiating with trade unions, and informing managers, HR advisers and participation councils;
- Advising the qualified entity during disciplinary procedures, writing conclusions, preparing sessions in court, writing counter-arguments and handling the proceedings (spokesperson for the minister during personnel-related legal sittings);
- Dealing with objections and appeal procedures;
- Monitoring and exploring relevant developments with the area in question; identifying potential legal consequences, and offering the accompanying advice;
- Collaborating with the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations to identify and design the required legislative policy about developments in the employment conditions of government personnel in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- Serving as deputy secretary of the Sector Consultation Committee BES (the Sector meeting).
The Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland is the link between the ministries represented on the islands of Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba. Each ministry is individually responsible for implementing and executing its policy. It relies on the central services provided by the RCN for execution and support in this respect. The employment of all civil servants who work for RCN is formally managed by the Minister of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK).
You will formally work for the Werkgeverschap department, but may be deployed in all RCN departments. The director of RCN performs the role of employer for all RCN employees on behalf of the Minister of BZK. Within this role, he is responsible for compiling employment conditions and personnel policy, and for safeguarding the integrity and (further) development of co-determination.
- Analytical skills
- Organisational sensitivity
- Able to form judgements
- Planning and organizing
- Academic working and thinking level (completed Master, preferably in civil service law or labour law);
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with management advice and legal procedures in the field of civil service law;
- Demonstrable affinity with the Caribbean Netherlands;
- Knowledge of, and insights into, cross-governmental developments in the specified area;
- Excellent spoken and written command of Dutch. English and Papiamento are an advantage.
- Appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (BES legal status decree for civil servants);
- A competitive salary in initial salary scale 12 and job salary scale 13 (gross salary of minimum $ 4,149 and maximum $ 6,001), based on a working week of 36 hours The pay grade will be determined based on knowledge, experience and training;
- Holiday bonus (8.33% of the remuneration);
- A 13th month bonus (8.33% of remuneration, with a minimum gross amount of $ 1,750);
- A pension scheme with Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 hours of leave based on a working week of 36 hours);
- Temporary appointment for one year, with a view to permanent appointment after effective performance and positive appraisal;
- A relocation scheme for candidates responding from outside the island.
- This vacancy has been released both internally and externally. In the event of equal suitability, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates;
- The procedure may include an assessment or test.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination to join the pension scheme;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for potential candidates outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in American dollars; the official currency of the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax legislation. Income above the tax-free sum ($ 17,352 in 2023) will be taxed at a payroll tax rate of 30.4%;
- Participation in the pension scheme is compulsory, including the accompanying personal contribution;
- You will become an inhabitant of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Tim Muller, Director RCN, Telephone number: +599 715 8304.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a cover letter, via e-mail to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com