Are you an enthusiastic secretary who understands what it means to take the weight off someone's shoulders? Are you a planning and organisational wizard? If so, please apply quickly!
MBO 4 | Bonaire | 36 hours | Vacancy number P&O2023_03_016 | Closing date: 31st May 2023
As a secretary you are the first point of contact for communication by the director and the acting Kingdom Representative. You work in an official and politically dynamic environment. Your daily tasks consist of mailbox and complex diary management. You have a challenging and diverse range of duties and every day brings something new. You make sure your superiors have nothing to worry about when it comes to secretarial matters. You are flexible and able to perform the work with a significant degree of independence and at your own discretion. You have plenty of energy and organisational talent and that means you know how to arrange things efficiently.
- You manage various diaries and mailboxes and you are an expert comes to prioritising.
- You book internal appointments and make complex arrangements.
- You welcome visitors and arrange a variety of facilities services.
- You look after meeting diaries and documents, draw up reports and monitor the execution of action items.
- You draft letters and documents and deliver carefully created presentations and reports.
- You are responsible for answering a wide range of questions. You know exactly where to find the answers and how to refer people on.
- You act as a point of contact and a source of information with regard to administrative and organisational matters.
- You manage the archive and various administrative systems and files.
The RCN director works together with the department heads on ensuring that the various RCN units operate in the best possible way. An important development in this respect is the increased cooperation with the three public entities on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba, which entails the work being carried out jointly on social issues. The RCN director also fulfils the employer role for all RCN employees on behalf of the Minister of the Interior and Kingdom Relations (BZK). On the basis of this role he is responsible for drawing up employment conditions and personnel policy, for guaranteeing integrity and for the (further) development of co-determination.
The Kingdom Representative’s Office is an administrative body of the central government and forms the administrative link between the Kingdom and the public entities. An important task of the Kingdom Representative is to promote good governance, co-operation between the public entities themselves and between the state and the island governments. In the event of disasters which affect more than one island the Kingdom Representative plays a coordinating role.
- Client-oriented mindset.
- Ability to monitor progress.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Organisational sensitivity.
- The ability to cooperate.
- Being honest.
- You have a qualification at a minimum of Senior Secondary Vocational Education (MBO) level 4, preferably having completed a course which is relevant to secretarial duties.
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a management assistant, personal assistant, or office manager.
- You are skilled in the use of MS Office.
- You have an excellent command of both Dutch and English (spoken and written).
- You have the ability to stay calm and maintain an overview of situations, you are good at setting priorities and maintaining a balance.
- You have good communicative and organisational skills.
- You are skilled at dealing with confidential and/or personal information.
- You are able to set priorities, maintain an overview, plan and organise.
What are we offering?
- A job in accordance with the BES Legal Position of Civil Servants Decree [Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES].
- A competitive salary, in initial salary scale 6 and job salary scale 7, of a minimum of $1,819.00 and a maximum of $2,906.00 per month based on a 36 hours work week. Job scale allocation on the basis of knowledge and experience.
- Holiday pay (8.33% of your salary).
- An 13th month bonus (8.33% of your salary, with a gross minimum of $ 1,750.00).
- A pension plan administered by the Caribbean Netherlands Pension Fund [Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland] (PCN).
- 168 holiday hours based on a 36 hours work week.
- A temporary appointment for a year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment in the event of good performance and a positive assessment result.
- A relocation scheme for candidates who are not resident on the island.
- This vacancy is being published internally and externally.
- The procedure may include an assessment or case study.
- A Certificate of Conduct (VOG).
- A medical examination in order to be admitted to the pension fund.
- Dutch citizenship.
For information regarding the vacancy, please contact Mr Tim Muller on telephone number +599 795 2292.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae, accompanied by a motivation, by e-mail to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com