SZW Preparatory Employee
Are you strong in collecting and checking data and do you have an eye for detail? Do you want to contribute to our social society with your administrative support? Then read on quickly!
MBO 3 | Bonaire | 36 hours | Vacancy number: P&O2022_11_004 | Closing date: 7th December, 2022
Your role as a Preparatory Employee is one with variety, responsibility, and social importance, as you will contribute daily to a social society. The work mainly involves the management and administrative processing of personal data.
- You give substance to counter tasks related to the various insurances;
- You receive and register data;
- You check received data and documents on completeness;
- You provide for the filing and archiving of documents;
- You signal and investigate irregularities;
- You monitor the residence permit title;
- You are responsible for the updating and checking (monitoring) of the entitlements to the benefits;
- You maintain contacts with chain partners.
The Social Affairs and Employment (SZW) unit of the RCN falls directly under the Ministry of the same name in The Hague. The SZW unit is committed to safe, healthy, and fair working situations and supervises this. On behalf of the Ministry, the unit also pays social insurance benefits to contribute to social security for the elderly, parents, and people who are temporarily unable to work due to illness or pregnancy, for example. In addition, there is the social relief benefit to contribute to subsistence security for residents who are in a financially precarious situation. The SZW unit works on a dignified existence for everyone in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Customer orientation
- Stress resistance
- Result orientation
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication skills
- You dispose of a Senior Secondary Vocational Education Level 3 diploma (MBO-3);
- You can work in an accurate and structured manner;
- You can read and understand legislative texts;
- You have experience with data entry in a registration system;
- You are ethical, you can handle confidential information, including data that are subject to the medical professional secrecy.
- You have good written and oral command of Dutch and you speak Papiamento, English, and Spanish well.
What do we offer?
- An appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (Legal Status Decree on Civil Servants BES);
- A salary in conformity with the market, in preliminary scale 6 (gross monthly of at least $ 1,719.00) and job scale 7 (gross monthly of at most $ 2,774.00) in case of a 36-hour working week. Assignment to a pay scale based on knowledge and experience;
- Holiday pay (8.33% of remuneration);
- A thirteenth month (8.33% of the salary, with a gross minimum of $ 1,750.00);
- A pension provision placed with Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 holiday hours for a working week of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary appointment of one year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment for good performance and a positive assessment result;
- A relocation scheme for candidates who respond from outside the island.
- This position is simultaneously open to internal and external candidates. In case of matching suitability, internal candidates are preferred;
- An assessment or case may be part of the procedure.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in US dollars which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income above the tax-free allowance ($12,198 in 2022) will be taxed at a rate of 30.4% in payroll tax;
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution to it;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For more information about this position you can contact Rigbert Nicolaas, Team Leader Lost Wages and Child Benefit, telephone number +(599) 795-4816.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae, with a motivation, by email to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com