SSO-CN Staff Manager / Executive Secretary
Do you have vision and strong leadership skills? Are you able to steer a team in an organisation that is strongly on the move? Can you take ownership of the decision-making of a multidisciplinary team without losing the overall picture? Then continue reading!
WO | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2020_08_004 | Closing date: 28 October 2020
The position consists of 2 roles that are divided 50% / 50% in Staff Manager and Executive Secretary.
In both roles you ensure that the SSO CN is ‘in control’ by, among other things, requesting and providing relevant control information, implementing the ‘Roadmap Business Systems’, and integrating the position of Data Analyst within the SSO.
As a Staff Manager you are responsible for the business operations of the SSO CN and you steer on risk limitation and efficiency.
- You manage the staff department with a staffing complement of +/- 13 FTE. This includes positions in the area of Control, Functional Management, (Information) Security, AO/IC, and the secretariat;
- You translate the organisational strategy to the department and you are responsible for the preparation and implementation of the department plan;
- You report to the Head of Service and you are a member of an integrally cooperating management team;
- You make a contribution to the strategy and steering of SSO CN as a whole;
- You are responsible for the total overview within the multidisciplinary teams;
- You maintain internal contact with the Services, Front Office, and Relationship, Advice and Projects (RAP) departments in order to streamline processes, improve services, and stimulate an integral working method;
- You prepare the decision-making from a substantive and administrative point of view;
- You draft substantive documents for discussion in the management team;
- You implement decisions and action points that affect the business operations of the SSO CN.
As an Executive Secretary you work as an adviser for the Head of Service.
- You make sure that the Head of Service always participates in (administrative) meetings in a well-informed manner;
- You proactively provide for the substantive preparation of meetings and consultations, e.g. the tripartite meeting with the Hague client and the meeting with the participation council;
- An important part of the role of secretary is the preparation of the MT meetings and thematic meetings regarding, for instance, multiannual planning and strategic targets;
- In consultation with the Head of Service you prepare the agenda, coordinate the inflow of documents for the preparation of meetings and consultations, and you assess them on completeness / correctness.
The SSO CN is a shared service organisation and provides for the business operations and support in the area of Personnel & Organisation (P&O), Procurement, Facilities Management, ICT, Finance, and Communication for the active departments in the Caribbean Netherlands.
The department is responsible for all internal operational duties. Various positions that enable this were placed with this department. The job content of these positions focuses on the internal needs of the SSO CN.
- Organisational sensitivity
- Administrative sensitivity
- Situational awareness
- Steering of organisation
- Steering of group
- Development of employees
- You have completed University Education (“WO”) or you have professional and intellectual ability at the level of University Education in the area of business management or public administration;
- You have experience as an executive secretary (preferred);
- You have a number of years of managerial experience in the area of multidisciplinary teams;
- You have demonstrable knowledge in the area of control, administrative organisation and information supply and security;
- You have knowledge in the area of change management and you are able to phase change processes;
- You have a personal opinion and you are a strong meeting partner;
- You preferably have experience working according to the Lean methodology;
- You have a number of years of work experience within the Caribbean context;
- In case of matching ability, candidates with their roots in Bonaire or from the Caribbean are preferred;
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch, English, and preferably Papiamento, or you are willing to learn this.
What we offer:
- A salary in conformity with the market in job scale 12 of the Regeling Bezoldiging Rijksambtenaren BES (“Civil Servants Remuneration Scheme BES”) of at least $ 3,960.00 and at most $ 5,056.00 per month in case of a 39.5-hour working week. Classification on the basis of knowledge, education and experience;
- A 13th month of 8.33% of the remuneration, with a minimum of $ 1,750.00;
- A holiday allowance of 8.33% of the remuneration;
- A good pensions scheme placed with PCN;
- Internal training possibilities;
- 184 holiday hours;
- A temporary appointment of 1 year with the prospect of a permanent appointment based on BES legislation, good performance, and a positive assessment;
- A removal scheme if you react from the Netherlands.
The ability to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG), a medical examination, and Dutch citizenship are required. A selection assessment is part of the selection procedure. The BES legislation / terms and conditions of employment are applicable to all vacancies.
For more information about the vacancy you can contact:
Name : Ruud Peters, Head of Service SSO CN
Telephone : + 599 781 0398
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation letter to: