SSO CN Payroll Administration Officer
Do you want to ensure the monthly, timely payment of salaries to all employees of our organisation? Then apply for the post of Payroll Administration Officer!
MBO 4 | Bonaire | 36 hours | Job ID: P&O2023_02_021 | Closing date: 22nd March, 2023
As Payroll Administration Officer you will be responsible for an optimal and timely execution of payroll and pension administration. This entails checking, recording and changing salary data, and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations. You will also answer queries about management information regarding salaries and you will offer assistance by taking care of the provision thereof.
- You will prepare, assess and process changes provided, while observing applicable, current laws and regulations;
- You will contribute to the improvement and optimisation of the payroll process;
- You will act as the point of contact for employees within the organisation regarding the P&O administration;
- You will identify bottlenecks in a timely fashion and inform your supervisor thereof and suggest concrete solutions for these bottlenecks;
- You will record and code data, and update files observing applicable deadlines;
- You will perform various, more complex support and clerical duties;
- You will make a motivating contribution to the payroll administration's self-regulation (discuss and jointly solve planning/bottlenecks, take care of replacement, support new employees in their salary payments);
- You will take care of the pension administration, which is administered by Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland.
- You will bear responsibility for the validity and integrity of the payroll data.
Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland (RCN) is the link between the executive authorities of the ministries with a presence in the islands Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. Each ministry is individually responsible for the content, the introduction and implementation of their policy. The SSO CN is a shared service organisation and takes care of the business operations and support in the area of Personnel and Organisation (P&O), Procurement, Facility Management, ICT, Finance and Communications for all government departments operating in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Progress monitoring;
- Attention to detail;
- Quality orientation;
- Stress resistance;
- Customer orientation.
- You have completed an MBO 4 (senior secondary vocational education and training) course of study, preferably supplemented with PDL (a Practical Degree in Payroll Administration);
- You have knowledge of payroll administration, BES laws and regulations and administration systems, preferably AFAS;
- You are aware of what is going on within the organisation and you use your knowledge to jointly achieve the desired result;
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, English and preferably Papiamentu.
What do we offer?
- An appointment in conformity with the Rechstpositiebesluit Ambtenaren BES (BES Legal Status of Civil Servants Decree);
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 7 and job salary scale 8 between a minimum of $2,060.00 and a maximum of $3,275.00 per month based on a work week of 36 hours (a pay grade based on knowledge and experience);
- A holiday pay (8.33% of the remuneration);
- An end-year bonus (a so-called 13th month; 8.33% of the remuneration, at least equalling $1,750.00 gross);
- A pension plan administered by Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 holiday hours based on a work week of 36 hours;
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment;
- A relocation scheme for applicants not living in the island.
- This job vacancy has been published both internally and externally. In the event of equal qualifications, preference will be given to internal candidates;
- An assessment or case study may be part of the procedure.
Terms of appointment
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, abbreviated as VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension fund;
- Dutch citizenship.
Important information for interested applicants living outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is paid in American dollars, the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income exceeding the basic allowance (in Dutch: belastingvrije som; $17,352.00 in 2023) will be subject to a rate of 30.4% in loonheffing (payroll taxes);
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about the job vacancy, please contact Maurice Korver, P&O Team Leader, telephone number (+599 ) 795 2234.
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com