SSO-CN Operational Security Officer M/F
Upper secondary vocational education level | Bonaire | P&O2020_08_005 | Closing date: 28 October 2020
As operational security officer, you play an important role in continuously safeguarding the security and safety of RCN both on Bonaire and the Windward Islands (St. Eustatius and Saba). You assist with the implementation of security and safety measures arising from the security policy. In doing so, you provide support to the security coordinator (BVC) who is responsible for integral safety and security within RCN. It is important that you think along with the BVC and determine what is needed to realise a secure and feasible situation for the provision of RCN's services. In addition, you are also responsible for operational management and for ensuring technical security measures are in place.
- Evaluating and reporting on the services provided (to the satisfaction of heads of service in the field of integral safety and security).
- Drawing up guidelines, standards, procedures and instructions arising from the security policy drawn up by the BVC and ensuring that they are implemented.
- Collaborating with the Central Government Real Estate Agency (RVB) to manage and monitor the purchase and maintenance of security equipment.
- Maintaining operational contact with clients, suppliers, RVB, BVC, senior housing employee and private security organisations.
- Acting as contact person for various internal departments and external organisations.
- In addition to these general tasks, your responsibilities will also include activities related to incident management, emergency response, key management and crisis management.
The Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland (RCN) is the link between the ministries that are present on the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. Each ministry is individually responsible for the introduction and implementation of policy of the respective ministry. SSO CN is a shared service organisation providing operational management and support in the field of human resources, procurement, facilities, ICT, finance and communication for all active departments in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Customer focus
- Stress resistance
- Results-oriented attitude
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- You have successfully completed upper secondary vocational education (MBO-4).
- You have affinity with safety and security.
- You are willing to undertake function-specific training, such as the Head of Company Emergence Response Team training and/or the fast-track Integral Safety/DHM Security Management training (or a similar training).
- No nine-to five but a hands-on mentality.
- Practical knowledge of the computer and security systems used at SSO/RCN.
- Knowledge of RCN buildings is an advantage.
- You are disciplined and focussed.
- You are able to streamline information for the proper continuation or progress of your tasks and can complete these tasks successfully.
- You are able to cope with unexpected and stressful situations.
- A salary in line with the market, job salary scale 8 between a minimum of USD 2,247 and a maximum of USD 3,126 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience.
- A 13th month’s salary of 8.33% of salary (with a minimum of USD 1,750 based on a work week of 39.5 hours).
- Holiday pay at 8.33% of salary.
- A good pension scheme administered by PCN.
- Internal training opportunities.
- 184 hours of holiday (based on a work week of 39.5 hours).
- The appointment is for a temporary position, for the period of one year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment on the basis of BES legislation.
- A relocation scheme if you apply from abroad.
Requirements for appointment
- Candidates must provide a Certificate of Good Conduct and undergo a medical examination.
- Candidates must have the Dutch nationality.
- The application procedure may include an assessment.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact
Jenaldo Oleana, Facilities Team Leader
Telephone: +599 781 5581 or e-mail: Jenaldo.Oleana@rijksdienstCN.com
You can send your Curriculum Vitae and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org