SSO-CN Junior Communications Advisor
Are you that positively critical Communications Adviser? A professional teamplayer who likes variety and challenge, is full of energy, who can effortlessly keep several balls in the air? Then the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland is looking for you.
Higher professional education (HBO) | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2021_07_007 | Closing date: 4th of August, 2021
The Shared Service Organisation (SSO CN) of the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland offers support to all ministries and services of the Dutch Central Government in the Caribbean Netherlands. The Communications Department is part of this SSO/CN.
The department provides critical and substantiated advice and professional support to the departments and disposes of a relevant local, regional and The Hague network.
- As a minimum your training is at the level of higher professional education (HBO) (communications/marketing) and you a have a number of years of experience in the communications profession
- You have 0 to 3 years’ experience in proactively advising in the area of communications
- You have experience with press briefings and communications
- You can write texts for several target groups
- Considering the composition of the team it is a firm requirement that you are fluent in Papiamentu in the spoken and written word. Your oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English are excellent
- You have an affinity for political and administrative relationships
- You are ethical, independent, socially skilled, creative and you have a sense of humour
- You are a networker.
- You are responsible for unambiguous and clear communication of and for units of the RCN;
- You provide support to fellow advisors and can advise managers within RCN about communication on a tactical and operational level, you implement and create communications expressions;
- From your expert role you participate in several projects, meetings and working groups, you have insight into administrative processes and you estimate the inherent risks in case of sensitive subjects;
- You organise and/or coordinate information campaigns and meetings, you develop and/or coordinate and present radio and television programmes and commercials;
- You coordinate the layout and organise the production of means of communication, you write and translate press releases and you organise press meetings;
- You have contact with the press and you implement public campaigns;
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 9 and job salary scale 10 between a minimum of $2,579.00 and a maximum of $3,927.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience.
- As from the 1st of January 2022, the working week will be 36 hours, without loss of salary;
- A holiday allowance based on 8.33% of the remuneration;
- An end-year bonus (a so-called 13th month) of 8.33% of the remuneration, at least equalling a gross amount of USD 1,750;
- A pension plan administered by pension fund PCN (Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland);
- 184 hours of annual leave, based on a working week of 39.5 hours as from the 1st of January 2022, this will be 168 hours of annual leave, based on a working week of 36 hours);
Terms of appointment
- A temporary appointment based on BES regulations, for the duration of 1 year.
- An assessment may be part of the selection procedure
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
Would you like more information?
Then contact Lucia Beck, Communications Manager, telephone + (599)-781-9050
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation letter to: