SSO-CN HR Advisor
Are you the experienced HR Advisor with the ability to operate as a connecting factor in a changing organisation? Then continue reading!
HBO | Bonaire | Temporary | 36 hours | P&O2022_08_014 | Closing date: 5 October 2022
As an experienced HR Advisor, you use your extensive knowledge and experience to build the developing organisation together with your (HR) colleagues. You advise the managers of assigned services / departments on human resources and organisational matters and you coach the management and managers in the further development, implementation, and fulfilment of HR policies and instruments in the broadest sense of the word. This includes topics such as inflow, advancement, and outflow, absenteeism, and (dissatisfactory) performance. You advise at the tactical and strategic level, but also carry out operational tasks. You have substantive discussions in which you dare to give a 'strong' advice or countercheck on the basis of your expertise. In addition, you identify areas for development and bottlenecks and you advise managers on the operationalisation of HR policy and you support the process of mastering integral management. Building and thinking about the future makes the job interesting for you.
The Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland (RCN) is the link between all operational services of Ministries present on the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba. Each Ministry is substantively responsible for the implementation and realisation of policy of the relevant Ministry. In this respect, for the correct implementation and support, they rely on the Shared Service Organisation (SSO CN) of the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland. SSO CN offers support in the area of operations, personnel & organisation, procurement & finance, facilities, ICT, and communication.
- Situational awareness
- Planning and organisation
- Progress control
- You have at least completed Higher Professional Education (HBO) (e.g. HBO P&O, supplemented by further training);
- You have at least 5 years of all-round experience in a similar HR advisory role;
- You are experienced in working in a changing environment, preferably within a municipal or government institution;
- You can oversee the playing field of which you are part as an advisor of the Shared Service Organisation and you anticipate this from your expertise;
- You are able to interact at different levels in a complex political-administrative organisation;
- You have connecting qualities and thrive in a team environment;
- You take initiative and you present proposals for improvement to reach a joint solution;
- You have experience in properly identifying conflicting interests and you know how to handle them well;
- You oversee diversity within the labour organisation and the political relationships;
- You have up-to-date knowledge of the (current) legislation and regulations applicable within the government for HR in the field of labour law, absenteeism, and terms and conditions of employment;
- You are experienced in working in a Caribbean context;
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch, English. and preferably Papiamentu.
What do we offer?
- An appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (Legal Status Decree on Civil Servants BES);
- A salary in conformity with the market, in preliminary scale 10 and job scale 11, monthly of at least $ 2,967.00 and at most $ 4,460.00 in case of a 36-hour working week. Assignment to a pay scale based on knowledge and experience;
- Holiday pay (8.33% of remuneration);
- A thirteenth month (8.33% of the salary, with a gross minimum of $1,750.00);
- A pension provision placed with Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 holiday hours for a working week of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary appointment of one year;
- A relocation scheme for candidates who respond from outside the island.
- This position is simultaneously open to internal and external candidates. In case of matching suitability, internal candidates are preferred;
- An assessment or case may be part of the procedure.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in US dollars which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income above the tax-free allowance ($12,198 in 2022) will be taxed at a rate of 30.4% in payroll tax;
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution to it;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about this position you can contact
Maurice Korver, Team leader P&O, telephone number: +599 781 0050
You can send your Curriculum Vitae accompanied by a motivation to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com