SSO-CN HR Adviser
Are you an experienced HR advisor with the ability to operate as a connecting factor in a changing organisation?
HBO | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2020_09_007| Closing date: 21 October 2020
As an experienced HR adviser you will use your comprehensive knowledge and experience to build a developing organisation together with your (HR) colleagues. You will advise supervisors of assigned authorities/departments on personnel and organisational matters and you will assist management and supervisors in the further development, implementation and execution of HR policy and instruments in the broadest sense of the word. This includes themes like recruitment, promotion, departure, absence and (unsatisfactory) performance. You advise on a tactical and strategic level, but you also perform operational tasks. You will have substantive talks in which you will not be afraid to provide ‘firm’ advice or counter-expertise based on your expertise, signal development opportunities and bottlenecks and you will advise supervisors on the implementation of HR policy and offer support in making themselves familiar with integrated management. Building and contributing ideas for the future is what makes this job interesting to you.
SSO CN is a shared service organisation and takes care of the business operations and support in the area of Personnel and Organisation (P&O), Procurement, Facility Management, ICT, Finance and Communications for all government departments operating in the Caribbean Netherlands. The advisory capacity in all areas of business operations regarding the Central Government departments of the Caribbean Netherlands falls under the responsibility of the Relations, Advice and Projects (RAP) department within the SSO. This way there is a clear separation between advice and implementation. It concerns an organisation which is in transition.
- Customer orientation
- Be aware of environment
- Planning and organizing
- Progress check
- At least a completed HBO (higher vocational education) education (for instance P&O at HBO level, supplemented with advanced training programmes)
- At least three years of all-round experience in a similar HR advice post
- Experience in working in a changing environment, preferably at a municipal or government agency
- You have the ability to maintain an overview of the playing field which you are part of as an adviser to a Shared Service Organisation and you anticipate developments in the playing field based on your expertise
- You have the ability to interact at different levels in a complex political and administrative organisation
- You have unifying qualities and you thrive in a team environment
- You show initiative and present improvement proposals to reach a joint solution
- You are experienced in identifying conflicting interests, which you can handle well
- You have an overview of the diversity within the employment system and the political relations
- You have up-to-date knowledge of current HR laws and regulations within the government in the area of labour law, absence and employment conditions
- Have experience in developing, implementing and executing of labour market communication policies.
- You are experienced in working in a Caribbean context
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in Dutch, English and preferably Papiamentu.
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 10 and job salary scale 11 between a minimum of $2,967.00 and a maximum of $4,460.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- A 13th month of 8.33% of the remuneration, with a minimum of $ 1,750.00
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES law, good performance and positive appraisal
- A relocation scheme if you live abroad
Terms of appointment
- Temporary appointment as a trial period for the duration of one year, with the possibility of a permanent contract in case of good performance and a positive appraisal
- An assessment may be part of the selection procedure
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland.
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact:
Arthur Korevaar, Relations, Advice and Projects (RAP) Manager, telephone: +599 7813037.
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: