Senior Functional Manager
Are you the link creating more harmony between the operational, tactical and strategic levels? Do you have the ability to translate user needs into processes in applications? Then this is your opportunity!
HBO I Bonaire I 39.5 hours I P&O2019_06_010 I Closing date: July 12th, 2019
As a Senior Functional Manager you will shape and define the area of activity of functional management and the structure of the associated work processes (based on the BISL model). You will advise on the implementation of functional changes in standard and customised packages (among others, service desk applications, salary applications, financial applications), and assist the ICT team in this process.
As Senior Functional Manager you will draft management and user procedures and maintain these. You will ensure that these procedures are observed and you will signal and discuss improper use. Additionally, you will be responsible for the management, security and testing of information systems, and you will coordinate the activities in the Functional Management department.
Regarding projects in which Functional Management is a participant, you will bear responsibility for a properly functioning project organisation, budget monitoring, progress reports and the timely completion of the project.
You will see to the more detailed structuring of functional management within the Shared Service Organisation Caribbean Netherlands (Shared Service Organisatie Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter referred to as SSO CN) regarding services and products provided to clients within the Rijksdienst CN organisation. You will advise on the features and functioning of applications, you will provide advice on and support in the implementation of functional changes and the use of information provision in changes in (primary) processes. The post determines the frameworks for authorisations.
- You will have talks with the internal business
- You will translate needs, wishes and requirements into IT solutions
- You will devise concepts to support the service provision
- You will create project teams
- You will identify existing and future IT solutions, and participate in public tendering processes
- You will communicate with the ICT department about new solutions or solutions which need to be expanded
- You will monitor developments in the market
- You will be the driving force behind and chair of the RCN-wide Functional Management Meeting (Functional Beheer Overleg, FBO). In this role you will also advise fellow functional managers of other government agencies.
The SSO CN is a shared service organisation and takes care of the business operations and support in the area of Personnel and Organisation (P&O), Procurement, Facility Management, ICT, Finance and Communications for the government departments in the Caribbean Netherlands. The Staff department, which includes Functional Management, is part of this SSO CN. In January 2019, a new staffing plan was launched aimed at a more horizontal organisational structure. As a result, processes can be aligned better to each other in the coming period.
- Analytical skills
- Power of persuasion
- Organisation sensitivity
- Planning and organising
- You have at least completed an HBO (higher vocational education) training course and you have several years of experience as a Senior Functional Manager
- You have experience in translating processes into application and system solutions
- You have experience in leading projects (PRINCE2, for instance)
- You have experience in LEAN working
- You have a conceptual level of thinking
- You have knowledge of developing and managing information systems (BISL model).
- You are a good communicator
- You have a command of Dutch, Papiamentu is considered an additional asset
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 10 and job salary scale 11 between a minimum of $2,967.00 and a maximum of $4,460.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- An end-year bonus of 6% of the remuneration
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES law
- A relocation scheme if the applicant lives abroad
Terms of appointment
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates
- An assessment may be part of the selection procedure
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact
Bart van Oost, Executive Secretary/Staff Manager
Telephone: +599 781 0440
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: