SSO-CN Communications Officer
Are you that proactive communications officer who facilitates others? A colleague with a hands-on mentality and a hard worker? And eager to live and work in Bonaire? Then the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland is looking for you.
MBO | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2020_04_013 | Temporary post | Closing date: June 3rd, 2020
As Communications Officer you will collaborate closely with the colleagues of the communications team. Together you will work on ensuring that the communications of the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland, the departments and agencies of the Central Government are unambiguous and clear, and you will support the Kingdom Representative.
- You will advise and support the Head of Communications and the communications advisers in the area of communications
- You will implement communications plans
- You will prepare leaflets, brochures, flyers, fact sheets and newsletters and you will have radio and TV spots produced
- You will develop, produce (and present) radio and TV programmes
- You will organise information campaigns and information sessions
- You will assist in writing and translating press releases, and assist in organising press conferences
- You will be well-informed about reports in the Papiamentu, Dutch and English media
- You will offer support in the management of the Internet and intranet site, social media and you will write news reports to be placed on the website
- You will maintain contacts with media and communications consulting agencies, copywriters, translators, designers and printers
- You will build and maintain a relevant network
The Shared Service Organisation Caribbean Netherlands (SSO CN) of the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland offers support to all ministries and agencies of the Central Government in the Caribbean Netherlands. The Communications department is part of this SSO CN.
The department provides critical and well-founded advice and professional support to the government departments and has a relevant local, regional and The Hague network.
- Organisation sensitivity
- Political sensitivity
- You have at least completed an MBO (senior secondary vocational education and training) course of study
- You have at least two years of specific work experience in communications
- You are proficient in verbal and written Papiamentu, Dutch and English
- You have knowledge of Office packages and Adobe programmes
- You are prepared to undertake on-call duties
- You have knowledge of and experience with graphics and AV packages
- You have the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 7 and job salary scale 8 between a minimum of $1,960.00 and a maximum of $3,126.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- An end-year bonus (a so-called 13th month) of 8.33% of the remuneration, with a minimum of $1750.00
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours
- A relocation scheme if the applicant lives abroad
Terms of appointment
- Temporary appointment for a period of one year
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
For more information on the job vacancy, please contact Lucia Beck, Head of Communications, telephone: + 599 - 781 9050.
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: email@example.com