OM BES (Senior) Policy Employee
Are you a vigorous, stress-resistant colleague with a strong sense of justice? Then apply with us!
WO | Bonaire | 39,5 hours | P&O2020_07_003 | Closing date: August 12, 2020
As a (senior) policy employee you support and advise the Chief Public Prosecutor about the policy. You advise on integral security issues and the cooperation and coordination in this respect with the chain partners. In addition, you participate in meetings with chain partners and other concerned parties regarding security and other issues related to the Public Prosecution Service. You look after the interests of the OM BES and you make a (policy) substantive contribution. In addition, you advise on business operational issues. You also act as a project leader and/or you participate in projects, you give direction to the further project layout and the contribution of involved disciplines and external parties. In this respect you are responsible for the result, the quality and the progress (and potentially the budget) of the project.
As a (senior) policy employee you preferably completed legal education at university level. You have knowledge of the discipline and insight into issues and problems that involve various purviews, in brief a multidisciplinary orientation. In addition, you are competent in analysing social and administrative developments and you are able to formulate this in opinions and policy. In this respect you dispose of properly developed writing abilities.
You are aware of your surroundings and you embrace the chain cooperation. You are able to hold your own in a complex field of forces, in consideration of the various interests and in association with the chain partners. Result-oriented cooperation is not a problem to you. In addition, you are stress-resistant, vigorous, a team player and you have a practical approach. You are also flexible and you dispose of a hands-on mentality and good communicative abilities. And, of course, you are able to handle confidential data. Also in the small community in which you live and work.
Criminal law enforcement in the Caribbean Netherlands is carried out by the prosecution office BES. The prosecution office is part of the Public Prosecution Service (OM) of Curacao, St. Maarten and Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba and falls under the responsibility of the Procurator General of the said Public Prosecution Service. The Dutch Minister of Justice and Security is ultimately responsible for the policy pursued on the BES Islands and the performance of duties by the prosecution office.
The prosecution office is a small and tight team of independently operating professionals. The team consists of 5 administrative employees, 4 (senior) prosecution secretaries, 3 public prosecutors and (policy) supporting officials under the authority of a Chief Public Prosecutor. A start was made with the chain partners to arrive at a more integral approach of security issues.
What we offer
- A salary in conformity with the market in preliminary scale 11 and job grade 12 of at least $ 3.429.00 and at most $ 5.056.00 gross per month with a working week of 39.5 hours. Classification based on knowledge and experience;
- A temporary appointment for one year followed, in case of mutual satisfaction, by a fixed appointment;
- A 13th month’s salary of 8.33% (at least $ 1,750.00);
- Holiday allowance, 8.33% of the remuneration;
- A good pensions scheme placed with PCN;
- Internal training possibilities;
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour working week);
- A removal scheme if you react from abroad.
- The ability to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a medical examination are mandatory. Apart from selection interviews a reference and antecedent screening is part of the procedure;
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement;
- In case of equivalent suitability internal candidates prevail over external candidates;
- An assessment may be part of the selection procedure;
- In case of matching ability, candidates from the Caribbean, and in particular from Bonaire, or candidates with their roots in the Caribbean are preferred. Command of Papiamentu is preferred.
For information about the vacancy
Name : Machteld Klaassen, Senior Policy Employee
E-mail : Machteld.Klaassen@OMCarib.org
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to:
recruitment@OMCarib.org attn. F. van Neerbos, HR Consultant
For more information about the work environment and the team: the (multiannual) 2018 Security Situation BES is available on www.rijksoverheid.nl and the 2020/2021 Annual Plan and the 2019 Annual Report can be requested from the Office Manager of the prosecution office BES via email Priscella.Lamidi@OMCarib.org.