KPCN Tactical analyst
Do you want to play an essential role in the work of intelligence and improving the information position? Are your analytical skills unsurpassed and are you good at structuring? Then apply now.
HBO | Bonaire | 40 hours | P&O2021_09_003 | Closure: September 29, 2021
You make engaging and clear analyses for various customers and support the teams, the team management and the management team from a tactical perspective. You take an independent position in order to be able to play the role of challenger properly. You collect information and analyse data from complex data files and can navigate between the different levels of analysis. You convert the analyses made into concrete advice, and you can convey these findings convincingly and with reasons both orally and in writing. You are adept at drawing up investigation plans, and you know which methods and techniques you can best use.
You approach investigation information and direction critically, and you keep facts and suspicions strictly separate. You can keep a good overview and are alert to links between multiple investigations, incidents or developments. You come up with proposals when you see opportunities for improvement of working methods, methodologies and instruments. You are eager to learn and naturally curious about what is going on in society. You feel connected to safety issues, and you are focused on connection, innovation and development. As an analyst, you actively transfer tailor-made knowledge and skills to colleagues. You are accountable for the quality of the various Intel products.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force represents an ethical and reliable police organisation, which says what it does and does what it says. An organisation that is vigilant and dedicated and acts decisively and professionally: friendly when possible, strict when needed. The Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) is a young, small and dynamic corps with the islands of Bonaire, St Eustatius and Saba as its working area and includes all processes of a fully-fledged police force.
The force contributes to the safety and quality of life of the people who live, work or stay as tourists on one of the islands of the Caribbean Netherlands. KPCN employees are vigilant and dedicated, decisive and professional. In this context, we are looking for an enthusiastic, broadly deployable, flexible employee who wants to work with us to build on the force's future.
You will work at the KPCN info desk. In addition to focusing on local and cross-border crime, the info desk has a number of special files that require special attention and knowledge, such as money laundering, human trafficking, subversion, cybercrime and Interpol. The info desk department is housed in the Intake, Information and Operational Support (IIOO) department. The department consists of six units, including the Group Special Assignments, Intake, The Common Control Room, Information Unit (infodesk and CIE), Special Laws and Traffic. About 40 colleagues work here in total. The teams are devolved in the force. The infodesk currently has seven employees.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague who is able to analyse patterns and make connections. You are flexible and proactive and like to take the initiative. In addition, we expect the following:
- You have a minimum HBO professional and intellectual level, supplemented with a completed analysis course;
- You have completed the necessary training in the field of intelligence with positive results;
- You have extensive experience as an analyst;
- Preferably experience and/or affinity with financial-economic and cybercrime;
- Knowledge of MS Office and Analyst's Notebook;
- You preferably have experience within investigation;
- You have excellent spoken and written command of Dutch and Papiamento. Good command of the English and Spanish languages is an advantage;
- You have Dutch citizenship
- Communicative skills
- Connecting and coaching ability
- Analytical ability
- Result oriented
What do we offer?
- An appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (Legal Status Decree on Civil Servants BES);
- A competitive salary in scale 9 (gross monthly salary at least $2,579 and a maximum of $3,506) for a working week of 39.5 hours per week. Grading takes place based on knowledge and experience;
- As 1 January 1, 2022, the working week is 36 hours per week, while retaining salary;
- Holiday pay (8.33% of remuneration);
- A thirteenth month (8.33% of the salary, with a minimum amount of $1,750 gross);
- A pension provision placed with Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 184 holiday hours for a working week of 39.5 hours per week, with effect from January 1, 2022 168 holiday hours for a working week of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary appointment of one year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment for good performance and a positive assessment result;
- A relocation scheme for candidates who respond from outside the island.
- This vacancy will be opened internally and externally at the same time. In the event of equivalent aptitude, internal candidates are preferred;
- An assessment or case study can be part of the procedure;
- A safety investigation A is part of the procedure.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension fund;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in American dollars, which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income over and above the tax-free amount ($ 12,575.00 in 2021) is subject to wage tax of 30.4%.
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory and includes a personal contribution.
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For more information, please contact Melvin Sint Jago on telephone number +599 781 0152.
You can send your resumé with motivational letter by email to vacature@rijksdienstCN.com, addressed to Melvin Saint Jago.