KPCN Senior Officer responsible for Basic Police Services
Are you the enthusiastic team player we are looking for, who is not afraid to challenge colleagues with regard to their behaviour and performance? If so, please apply now!
MBO 4 | Saba | 36 hours | Vacancy number: P&O2023_010_001 | Closing date: 31st of October 2023
As a senior officer responsible for basic police services you will be in charge of the daily coaching and supervision of staff involved in providing basic police services, as well as case coordination, the drawing up of action plans and supervision of foreign nationals during regular surveillance. You will actively help to lead efforts to maintain public order, as well as security and quality of life. You will set a good example for your colleagues and actively promote adopted policy and challenge colleagues, if necessary, with regard to their performance and behaviour. You will be the first point of contact for police chiefs and will identify service-related problems on time.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) helps to preserve the security and quality of life of the people who live and work on one of the islands in the Caribbean Netherlands, or visiting tourists. KPCN employees are vigilant, service-oriented, resolute and professional.
The Basic Police Services department (BPZ) focuses on the area-specific execution of operational police duties on the three BES islands. You may be asked to work temporarily on one of the other BES islands. The work location in relation to this vacancy is Saba. We are looking for a flexible, enterprising, motivating and decisive colleague, who has the ability to adapt quickly.
- You have completed police training at a minimum of mbo-4 level and you have plenty of experience with basic police services.
- You are certified as an acting public prosecutor (hOvJ), or are prepared to attend and complete a course in the short term so that you can perform the tasks of a certified acting public prosecutor.
- You have experience with acting as a work and case coordinator and as a coach and mentor.
- You have knowledge of, and experience with, conflict mediation and broad knowledge of, and experience with, emergency assistance and incident management.
- You have knowledge of the developments within the emergency services.
- You have knowledge of the specific security problems confronting citizens, companies and institutions.
- You have knowledge and experience in the field of investigation and activities in the context of combating medium-level crime.
- You have knowledge of interview techniques (incl. a coaching role) and the documentation and registration systems used.
- You have an excellent written and spoken command of Dutch and Papiamentu. A good command of English and Spanish would be a definite asset.
- Every year you can fulfil the Integral Professional Skills Training (Integrale Beroepsvaardigheid Training, IBT) requirements in accordance with the regulations.
- The ability to cooperate.
- Good communication skills.
- The capacity to connect and coach.
- The ability to take responsibility.
- Situational and organisational awareness.
Terms and conditions of employment
- A job in accordance with the BES Legal Position of Civil Servants Decree (Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES).
- A salary in line with the market, in salary scale 8, of a maximum of $ 3,275.00 per month based on 36 hours (job scale allocation will take place on the basis of knowledge and experience).
- An end-of-year bonus (8.33% of your salary).
- Holiday pay (8.33% of your salary).
- An excellent PCN pension scheme.
- 168 holiday hours based on a 36-hour working week.
- A temporary appointment for a year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES legislation, good performance and a positive assessment.
- This vacancy has been simultaneously published internally and externally. In the event of equally suitable candidates, preference will be given to internal candidates.
- The procedure may include an assessment or case study.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in American dollars, which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income over and above the tax-free amount ($ 17,352.00 in 2023) is subject to wage tax of 30.4%.
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory and includes a personal contribution.
- You are, or will become, a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about the vacancy you can contact Wingrove Baker, BPZ Chief, on telephone number: +599 7900461.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com