KPCN Senior Basic Policing Employee (senior constable)
Are you that enthusiastic team-oriented colleague who is not afraid to address colleagues on their behaviour and performance?
MBO 4 | Bonaire | 36 hours | P&O2023_05_008 | Closing: 31st May 2023
As a Senior Policing Employee you are responsible for the day-to-day coaching and guidance of policing employees, case coordination, the preparation of action plans, and the supervision of foreign nationals during regular surveillance. As a cooperating supervisor, you contribute to the maintenance of public order and to the safety and quality of life. You set an example for your colleagues, you actively propagate the established policy and, if necessary, call your colleagues to account for their performance and behaviour. You are the first point of contact for the chiefs and you identify bottlenecks in the provision of services in a timely manner.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) contributes to the safety and quality of life of the people who live, work or stay as tourists on one of the islands of the Caribbean Netherlands. The employees are vigilant and service-oriented, vigorous and professional.
The Basic Policing Department (BPZ) focuses on the area-specific performance of operational police duties on the three BES islands. You may be asked to work on one of the other BES islands on a temporary basis. The work location for this vacancy is St. Eustatius. We are looking for a flexible, enterprising, motivating and energetic colleague who can switch quickly.
- You at least completed a police training at Senior Secondary Vocational Education Level 4 (MBO 4) or you are willing to follow the said police training in the short term and to complete it successfully.
- You have extensive experience in basic policing;
- You were certified as an assistant public prosecutor (APP) or you are willing to follow this training in the short term and to complete it successfully in order to be able to act as an APP;
- You have experience in acting as a work and case coordinator and as a coach and mentor;
- You have knowledge of and experience with conflict resolution, extensive knowledge of and experience with emergency assistance and incident management;
- You have knowledge of the developments within emergency services;
- You have knowledge of the specific security issues that concern citizens, businesses, and institutions;
- You have knowledge of and experience in the area of investigation and activities in the framework of the prevention of mid-level criminality;
- You have knowledge of interrogation techniques (including a coaching role) and the documentation and registration systems used;
- You have excellent spoken and written command of Dutch and Papiamento. Good command of English and Spanish is preferred;
- You can annually comply with the IBT requirements according to the rules.
- Communication skills
- Connecting and coaching ability
- Situational and organisational awareness
Terms and conditions of employment
- An appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (Legal Status Decree on Civil Servants BES);
- A salary in conformity with the market, in job scale 8, monthly of at most $ 3,275.00 in case of a 36-hour working week (assignment to a pay scale based on knowledge and experience);
- A thirteenth month (8.33% of the salary);
- Holiday pay (8.33% of remuneration);
- A good pension provision placed with PCN;
- 168 holiday hours for a working week of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary appointment of one year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment, on the basis of BES legislation, good performance and a positive assessment.
- This position is simultaneously open to internal and external candidates. In case of matching suitability, internal candidates are preferred;
- An assessment or case may be part of the procedure.
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in US dollars which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income above the tax-free allowance ($17,352.-- in 2023) will be taxed at a rate of 30.4% in payroll tax;
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution to it;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about the vacancy you can contact Wingrove Baker, telephone number: +599 7900461.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com