KPCN Communications Officer
Are you the professional communicator who is able to cope with stress and a real bridge builder within our multicultural environment? Can you speak and write fluent Papiamentu, Dutch and English? If so, you are the person the KPCN is looking for!
Senior Secondary Vocational Education (MBO) | Bonaire | Temporary | 36 hours | P&O2022_07_005 | Closing date: 17 August 2022
As a communications officer you are someone who knows what it takes to get things done. You are able to convert a communication plan into the right communication tools. You are also good at organising events. Under the supervision of the communications advisor you will shape the communications policy. You will support the communications advisor with managing the Internet and intranet sites, social media, news reports intended for publication on the website and you will be up-to-date on media coverage in Papiamentu, Dutch and English.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force helps to preserve the security and quality of life of the people who live and work on one of the islands in the Caribbean Netherlands, or visiting tourists. KPCN employees are vigilant, service-oriented, resolute and professional.
- Organisation sensitivity
- Ability to cope with stress
- Ability to empathise
- Political sensitivity
- You have at least completed a course at Senior Secondary Vocational Education (MBO) level.
- You have at least 2 years of specific work experience within the communications field.
- As regards your communication skills you can speak and write fluent Papiamentu, Dutch, English and possibly Spanish.
- You have knowledge of the police organisation, the field of work and the target groups.
- You are honest and know how to deal with confidential information.
- You have experience with maintaining contacts with, and dealing with letters from, communication agencies, designers and printers.
- You do not have a 9 to 5 mentality.
What are we offering?
- A job in accordance with the BES Legal Position of Civil Servants Decree [Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES].
- A salary in line with the market, in preliminary salary scale 7 and job scale 8 (a gross monthly salary of at least $ 1,960.00 and a maximum of $ 3,126.00) based on a working week of 36 hours. Job scale allocation will take place on the basis of knowledge and experience.
- Holiday pay (8.33% of your salary).
- An end-of-year bonus (8.33% of your salary with a gross minimum of $ 1,750.00).
- A pension scheme with the Caribbean Netherlands Pension Fund [Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland] (PCN).
- 168 holiday hours based on a working week of 36 hours.
- This is a temporary appointment for one year.
- A relocation scheme for candidates who are not resident on the island.
- This vacancy has been simultaneously published internally and externally. In the event of equally suitable candidates, preference will be given to internal candidates.
- The procedure may include an assessment or case study.
- A Certificate of Conduct (VOG).
- A medical assessment in order to be admitted to the pension fund.
- Dutch citizenship.
Important information for interested parties outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in American dollars, which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income over and above the tax-free amount ($ 12,198.00 in 2022) is subject to wage tax of 30.4%.
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory and includes a personal contribution.
- You are, or will become, a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information regarding the vacancy, please contact mr. Rosales on telephone number: +599 781 0193.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae along with a letter of application to vacature@rijksdienstCN.com.