KPCN CIE Coordinator
Are you the efficiently working leader with a creative and flexible spirit and convincing personality that the CIE is looking for?
MBO | Bonaire | 40 hours | P&O2020_07_004 | Closing date: August 15th, 2020
As the CIE Coordinator you are responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the runners. You contribute to the crime fighting, public order, liveability and security in society by running informants in a solicited and unsolicited manner, analysing the implementation, advising, initiating and implementing improvements and evaluating results. You prepare plans of approach, you initiate, build, maintain and direct networks, you agree on implementation arrangements and you steer on the agreement of preconditioned arrangements and compliance with arrangements. As a mentor you stimulate and assess the professionalism of the colleagues. You realise coordination and gathering of information regarding other than traditional criminality, e.g. money laundering, subversion and cybercrime, and you create contacts in the legitimate society.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) is a young, small and dynamic force with the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba as its operating area and comprises all processes of a fully-fledged police force. In the years to come the force is working on further professionalisation, focussing on the further development of the force.
The force contributes to the security and liveability of the people who live or work on one of the islands of the Caribbean Netherlands or who spend time there as a tourist. Employees of KPCN are vigilant and serving, vigorous and professional.
- Professional and intellectual ability at the level of higher professional education (HBO);
- You are in possession of a police diploma at the level of at least Senior Secondary Vocational Education 4 (MBO 4) supplemented with professional training (for instance for the recruitment and running of informants);
- You have relevant work experience within the disciplines and you gained experience in the coordination of a team. Knowledge of prevention of subversion, money laundering and digital criminality is preferred;
- You have knowledge of the privacy legislation, guidelines, (Public Prosecutions Office’s) instructions, protocols, standards and guidelines with regard to the recruitment and running of informants;
- Departing from your experience you have knowledge of methods, techniques and instruments with regard to the recruitment and running of informants and you can transfer this to the team;
- You convert the personally gathered information into operational, tactical and strategic targets;
- You provide a balanced opinion or recommendation about the information and the informant and you share responsibility for the protection of his / her identity;
- You are skilled in building a network (of informants) and in maintaining this;
- You have good insight into and experience with the behaviour of people who are involved in criminal circles;
- From your experience you are skilled in the assessment of (unsafe) situations;
- You have very good command of Dutch, Papiamento and English and potentially of Spanish;
- You can annually comply with the IBT requirements in conformity with the rules.
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Systematic thinking
- Planning and organising
What we offer
- A salary in conformity with the market in job grade 9 of at least $ 2.579.00 and at most $ 3.506.00 gross per month with a working week of 40 hours. Classification based on knowledge, experience and training;
- A temporary appointment for one year followed, in case of mutual satisfaction, by a fixed appointment;
- A 13th month’s salary of 8.33% (at least $ 1,750.00);
- Holiday allowance, 8.33% of the remuneration;
- A good pensions scheme placed with PCN;
- Internal training possibilities;
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour working week);
- A removal scheme if you react from abroad.
The remuneration scale and the job profile have not been established definitively for the position and may therefore still change.
- The ability to submit a Certificate of No Objection (VGB) at the required security level is inherent to the position and is therefore part of the appointment procedure.
- An assessment and medical examination may be part of the selection procedure.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement
- In case of equivalent suitability internal candidates prevail over external candidates
Would you like to receive more information?
Then please contact Ronald J.M. Zwarter, Head of Operations, telephone +599 781 0109.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com