KPCN All-round Basic Policing Employee St. Eustatius
Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) is looking for a All-round Basic Policing Employee St. Eustatius.
MBO | St. Eustatius | 36 hours | Vacancy: P&O2023_05_010| Closing date: 31st May 2023
As an All-round Basic Policing Employee you contribute to the maintenance of public order and to the safety and quality of life through the independent performance of operational police duties and through the participation in existing networks (with citizens, businesses, and institutions) for the benefit of the approach to safety issues. In addition, you are responsible for the supervision of foreign nationals during regular surveillance.
The work takes place in a team under the operational leadership of a Basic Policing Chief and daily coordination of a Senior Basic Policing Employee.
- You are (also) responsible for the handling of reports and you take action under the supervision of a senior employee / the Basic Policing Chief;
- You assess and report the nature and the severity of incidents and contingencies at the scene, you take first regulatory and stabilising measures, and you provide immediate assistance;
- You supervise compliance with legislation / regulations, you identify and report irregularities, and you take preventive and repressive action;
- You take part in targeted preventive and repressive activities in the approach of criminality;
- You investigate facts and circumstances relating to frequently occurring criminality and you share information about the backgrounds of individuals and the environment as a basis for the follow-up and/or prosecution;
- You participate in incident-based investigation;
- You formulate proposals, based on practical experience, for improvements in the approach of issues and in the performance of operational police duties.
The Dutch Caribbean Police Force (KPCN) contributes to the safety and quality of life of the people who live, work or stay as tourists on one of the islands of the Caribbean Netherlands. The employees are vigilant and service-oriented, vigorous and professional.
The Basic Policing Department (BPZ) is encumbered with the contribution to the maintenance of public order and the safety and quality of life in the Caribbean Netherlands. BPZ focuses on the area-specific performance of operational police duties, in particular for the benefit of the emergency assistance, surveillance and enforcement and investigation processes.
- Social skills
- You dispose of professional and intellectual ability at the level of a police training at Senior Secondary Vocational Education Level 4 (MBO 4) / Secondary Vocational Education (SBO) or a police training at Senior Secondary Vocational Education Level 3 (MBO 3) supplemented with professional training and relevant experience;
- You have knowledge of the relevant parts of criminal law, criminal procedure law, and administrative law;
- You have knowledge of and experience with the application of documentation and registration systems;
- You have knowledge of and you are competent in conflict resolution;
- You have knowledge of and experience with emergency assistance and incident management, and you are competent in it;
- You have knowledge and active command of Dutch, Papiamento and English, and potentially Spanish;
- You comply with the annual IBT requirements in conformity with the rules, where required supplemented with certifications in respect of specific aspects of the duties / related positions.
In this position you are in contact with:
- persons / victims and witnesses involved in emergency situations in order to obtain information, provide immediate assistance, provide follow-up, and file an official report;
- suspects and witnesses of criminal offences in order to examine them, file an official report, and arrest suspects (where required);
- parties in conflict situations to mediate in their resolution;
- the public to give directions and provide information.
What do we offer?
- An appointment in accordance with the Rechtspositiebesluit ambtenaren BES (Legal Status Decree on Civil Servants BES);
- A salary in conformity with the market, in job scale 7, gross monthly of at most $ 2,906.00 in case of a 36-hour working week. Assignment to a pay scale based on knowledge and experience;
- Holiday pay (8.33% of remuneration);
- A thirteenth month (8.33% of the salary, with a gross minimum of $ 1,750.00);
- A pension provision placed with Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 holiday hours for a working week of 36 hours per week;
- A temporary appointment of one year, with the prospect of a permanent appointment for good performance and a positive assessment result;
- A relocation scheme for candidates who respond from outside the island.
- The maximum term for the 'Saba' station is 8 years, after which another station is considered in consultation with the Chief of Police.
- This position is simultaneously open to internal and external candidates. In case of matching suitability, internal candidates are preferred;
- An assessment or case may be part of the procedure;
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in US dollars which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income above the tax-free allowance ($17,352 in 2023) will be taxed at a rate of 30.4% in payroll tax;
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution to it;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about the vacancy you can contact Robelto Hodge, Inspector, telephone number: +599 790 0420.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation by email to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com