(JICN) Warders / Security Guards
Do you have a sharp eye? Do you like variety, are you keen in observing?? Then working at the Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands (JICN) is something for you.
MBO | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2019_05_007 | Closing date: continuous*
As a warder / security guard you provide for the security of the building, the colleagues and the prisoners. Your duties are diverse and always revolve around security.
- Performs security activities according to the service instructions
- Adequately acts in case of (threatening) contingencies and/or crisis situations
- Transfers the activities in writing and/or orally
- Registers / reports incidents and provides for the (administrative) handling
- Informs prisoners and visitors of the house rules and security rules
- Acts according to the applicable standards and values
- As a warder / security guard you work alternating shifts. This also includes evening, night and weekend shifts.
A number of colleagues have an additional range of duties. We are also looking for additional capacity for these duties. These duties include:
- Detainee security
- (Armed) transport supervision
- Internal assistance team (IBT)
- The colleagues with the additional range of duties also perform consignment duties (‘stand-by’ outside the normal working hours)
The JICN is a Correctional Institution where all prisoners of the BES islands can be placed. There are 112 imprisonment places divided over 7 wards, including young adults, women and house of detention, isolation complex, prison and care ward. In addition, the JICN cares for the detainees.
- Your professional and intellectual ability is at the level of MBO 2 (senior secondary vocational education)
- You preferably have professional knowledge in the area of surveillance and security
- You have oral and written command of Dutch and Papiamento
- English and Spanish is preferred
- You are in reasonable shape
- You are in possession of a driving licence B
- You are resistant to stress, cooperation-oriented, disciplined, honourable, diligent and collegial
- You are at least 23 years old
What we offer:
- A salary in conformity with the market in provisional scale 3 and job scale 4 of at least $ 1,487.00 and at most $ 1,873.00 per month in case of a 39.5-hour working week. Classification takes place on the basis of knowledge and experience.
- An end-of-year bonus of at least $ 1,500.00.
- Irregular hours allowance in connection with alternating shifts
- A holiday allowance of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A good pension provision placed with PCN
- Internal training opportunities
- 208 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour working week)
- A temporary appointment of 1 year with the prospect of a permanent appointment on the basis of BES legislation
- The ability to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a medical examination are required.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement.
- The selection procedure consists of a physical aptitude test, interviews and an assessment.
- An antecedents investigation is required for the additional duties.
* We are looking for candidates who want to start as soon as possible, because we are looking for several candidates the vacancy is open up to September.
For more information about the vacancy
Name: Suyen Koffy
Telephone:+599 781 0326 or email@example.com
You can use the application form or send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to: