JICN Correctional Officer
Do you like a new challenge and do you enjoy working with people in a unique and developing setting? Do you want to work on the security of the prison in Bonaire? Then apply as a Correctional Officer at the JICN!
MBO | Bonaire | 39.5 hour | PO2021_02_004 | Closing date: 4th of March 2021
For this job vacancy, in view of the re-socialisation policy pursued by our institution, we are particularly looking for candidates with more extensive life experience, who are ready for a new career challenge and who have already gained work experience elsewhere in both the public and private sector.
As Correctional Officer (PIW) you will participate in the humane detention of convicts. You will ensure the maintenance of peace, order and security within the facility. You will be responsible for the care, observation, guidance and preparation for resocialisation of convicts in a secure living environment.
- You are taking care of the custody and supervision of convicts
- You offer convicts guidance aimed at resocialisation and reducing recidivism
- You observe convicts, interpret the situation and adjust your approach thereto
- You provide care to convicts
- You provide information to convicts about the state of affairs within the facility such as the rights and obligations, the standard regime, the daily programme and the policy aimed at the deterrence of drug use
- You act appropriately and in a timely manner in case of (imminent) emergency and/or crisis situations
- You inspect the building and cells weekly for security aspects
- You ensure that security and hygiene rules as well as rules applying to individuals are observed, both in the units and during activities of the daily programme
- You promote a good atmosphere (working and living conditions in the unit) in a positive manner
- You take care of reports
- You act, also under pressure, in accordance with applicable norms and values
- You be socially engaged and have experience in working with people
Correctional Institution Caribbean Netherlands (Justitiële Inrichting Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter referred to as JICN) is a Correctional Institution at Plantage Aruba, where all convicts of the Caribbean Netherlands can be placed. It has a capacity of 113 prison places, divided across 7 units, including the unit Young Adults, unit Women and a House of Detention. JICN also tends to persons taken into custody and convicts with extra clinical care needs.
- Ability to coach
- Problem-solving capacity
- Safety awareness
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- You are demonstrably in possession of MBO-4 (senior secondary vocational education and training) level of working and thinking
- Successful completion of the internal Basic Vocational Training is required
- Professional knowledge in the area of surveillance and security is preferred
- Knowledge of methods in the area of pedagogical guidance is preferred
- Gain skills through in-house training in treating people in a motivating way;
- Gain skills through in-house training related to observing and reporting;
- Proficient in Dutch and Papiamentu, both verbally and in writing and you are able to communicate in English and Spanish
- Resilience and physical fitness are at an acceptable functional level
What we offer
- A salary in conformity with the market in preliminary scale 5 and job scale 6 of at least $ 1,507.00,- and at most $ 2,459.00per month in case of a 39.5 hour working week. Classification takes place on the basis of knowledge and experience
- An end-of-year bonus of at least $ 1,750.00
- Irregular hours allowance in connection with alternating shifts
- A holiday allowance of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A good pension provision placed with PCN
- Internal training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour working week)
- A temporary appointment of 1 year with the prospect of a permanent appointment on the basis of BES legislation
- The ability to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) and a medical examination are required Dutch citizenship is a requirement
- The selection procedure consists of a physical aptitude test, interviews and an assessment
- An antecedents investigation is required for the additional duties.
For more information about the vacancy, you can contact Suyen Koffy, via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae with motivation to vacature@rijksdienstCN.com.