Senior IND Officer
The Immigration and Naturalisation Service Caribbean Netherlands is looking for a Senior IND Officer.
Academic/HBO | Bonaire|39.5 hours| P&O2019_07_006|Closing date: September 1st, 2019
A Senior Officer of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service Caribbean Netherlands (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter referred to as IND-CN) Unit is a service provider who puts the interest of the client first and at the same time guarantees the careful application of regulations. This requires a view in which service provision and enforcement are not mutually exclusive. You will work in the IND-CN Unit team, which is part of the Regular Residence and Dutch Citizenship Directorate of the IND in the Netherlands. The work area of the Senior IND Officer stretches over the public entities Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba.
The Senior IND Officer contributes to the development, monitoring and evaluation of the IND-CN's current policy, in the broadest sense of the word.
- You will act as a subject matter expert with respect to legal affairs
- You will further enhance legal specialist knowledge in laws and regulations to be implemented by the IND-CN
- You will notify and counsel unit management about legal aspects and issues in the context of the laws and regulations to be implemented by the IND-CN
- You will see to the optimisation of the legal quality of the IND-CN’s activities, checks on the quality of decisions, etcetera
- You will process complex complaints and coordinate the settlement thereof
- You will draft legally complex and politically sensitive documents, letters and suchlike
- You will maintain necessary functional contacts, both inside and outside the organisation
- You will act as the secretary of the IND-CN’s MT and you will see to the (content-related) preparation of regular MT meetings (including drafting advisory memoranda, annotations and suchlike)
The IND-CN is responsible for the implementation of the foreign nationals policy in Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. The IND-CN processes applications for the admission of foreign nationals and Dutch citizens (not being island children or tourists) who want to reside in the Caribbean Netherlands. The IND-CN also processes applications for the extension of a tourist stay and for individuals who want to become a Dutch national.
- Organisation sensitivity
- Analytical skills
- Planning and organising
- Work independently
- You have completed an HBO/academic training, preferably in management or law
- You have at least five years of experience in a similar post and an hbo/academic level of working and thinking
- You have knowledge of the foreign nationals policy and regulations, an understanding and knowledge of the IND-CN's primary processes and work content
- You have an understanding of the political/administrative and social context wherein the IND-CN operates, particularly within the Caribbean Netherlands
- You are skilled in maintaining contacts in an operational network, in an administrative network and with other parties involved
- You are stress-resistant and have the ability to switch quickly between tasks
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English, knowledge of Papiamentu is considered an additional asset
- You make a positive contribution to the team due to your work experience and professional work attitude
- You have the ability to anticipate work/activities in the area of policy development, policy implementation, advice provision, policy evaluation, projects, meetings/hearings (secretary role)
What we offer
- Salary scale 11/12 in line with the market, between a minimum of $3,429.00 and a maximum of $5,056.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment, based on BES law
- An end-year bonus of 6% of the gross remuneration
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week)
Terms of appointment
- An assessment will be part of the selection procedure
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland.
Would you like to receive more information?
Then please contact drs. Audrey Sandries, Sr IND Decision Officer, (+599) 7158726
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to:
Email: email@example.com to the attention of George Mensche, Unit Manager IND-BES