IND Counter Officer
A counter officer of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service Caribbean Netherlands (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter referred to as IND-CN) is a friendly service provider who is the first point of contact for our organisation.
MBO-4 | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | P&O2019_07_007 | Closing date: September 1st, 2019
Citizens can turn to the counter officer with reports and questions about admission for residence in the Caribbean Netherlands. You will work in the IND-CN Unit team, which is part of the Regular Residence and Dutch Citizenship Directorate of the IND in the Netherlands. The work area of the counter officer extends to the front office of the public entity Bonaire.
The counter officer is tasked with front office duties.
- You will be the client's first point of contact and you will act as a source of information. You have an overview of all processes in order to be able to provide the proper information and you know where to get the proper information. This information is provided either verbally at the service counter, by telephone or digitally.
- During the exchange of information you will be engaged in screening, filtering and processing questions. You will make referrals if required.
- You will receive applications for admission and register relevant information in applications. You have the ability to identify what information is important to coordinate with colleagues in your team.
- You will assess relevant documents for authenticity.
- You have a healthy and genuine interest in people and you know how to get to the question behind the question.
- You will contribute ideas about developments and changes in current regulations and within the team.
- You will ensure that documents are archived properly.
- You will present the decision to the employee and you will advise the customer on the follow-up procedure if necessary.
The IND-CN is responsible for the implementation of the foreign nationals policy in Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. The IND-CN processes applications for the admission of foreign nationals and Dutch citizens (not being island children or tourists) who want to reside in the Caribbean Netherlands. The IND-CN also processes applications for the extension of a tourist stay and for individuals who want to become a Dutch national.
- of unimpeachable integrity
- Your current job is at least at MBO level (senior secondary vocational education) in the clerical/legal field
- Experience with customer contacts is a must, as well a command of various conversation techniques such as listening actively and asking open questions
- You are empathic and have good communication skills
- You have a strong service-oriented and customer-friendly approach
- You have a structured work attitude and show accuracy in work
- You are a team player and you also have the ability to work independently, and on the basis of work instructions
- You display initiative and perseverance
- You express a representative attitude and openness
- You are stress-resistant and have the ability to switch quickly between tasks
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in Dutch and English, and you also have a proper command of Papiamentu and Spanish
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 6 and job salary scale 7 between a minimum of $1,719.00 and a maximum of $2,774.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- An end-year bonus of at least $1,500.00
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week)
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of an extension of one year and in case of a good appraisal, a permanent appointment based on BES law
Terms of appointment
- An assessment will be part of the selection procedure
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
Would you like to receive more information?
Then please contact Genéviëve Wilson, (+599) 715 8534
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of George Mensche, Unit Manager IND-BES