IND Chain Collaboration Policy Officer for Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba (BES)
Are you that flexible policy officer with analytical aptitude and power of persuasion we are looking for? Then go ahead and apply now!
HBO | Bonaire | P&O2020_11_012 | Closing date: 2 December 2020
The migration chain has monthly operational meetings in Bonaire and quarterly operational meetings in Saba and St. Eustatius. Additionally, the Strategic Meeting is held monthly in Bonaire and is attended by all parties who contribute to the migration chain, ranging from the Public Entity to the Guardianship Council and from the Directorate of Migration Policy (in Dutch: Directie Migratie Beleid, DMB) in the Netherlands to the Belastingdienst (BCN). A mini conference is organised in one of the BES islands once every year. As Chain Collaboration Policy Officer you will be the chairperson of the operational meetings, secretary and content-related facilitator of the Strategic Meeting. In addition, you will be the linking pin between the operational and the tactical/strategic level. Furthermore, as Chain Collaboration Policy Officer you are expected to identify developments in the migration chain and suggest improvement proposals, either independently or on instruction.
The Strategic Chain Meeting takes place in Bonaire once every quarter. As Chain Collaboration Policy Officer you will prepare the agenda and the reports for the meeting.
Additionally, you will participate in the preparation, supervision and implementation of certain projects/issues/improvement proposals, where necessary.
You will maintain a network relevant to your job duties. This regards both internal and external contacts who also characterise as (important) partners in the coordination of your products.
You will play a bridging role between the chain partners at an operational level. You will monitor the agreements made between the chain partners.
The migration chain in the BES islands comprises the following implementing bodies: The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (in Dutch: Immigratie en Naturalisatie Dienst, IND), the Dutch Caribbean Police Force (in Dutch: Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland, KPCN) and the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee (in Dutch: Koninklijke Marechaussee, KMAR). The migration chain needs support.
As Chain Collaboration Policy Officer you will be professionally accountable to the IND CN Unit Manager.
- Customer orientation
- Analytical skills
- Analytical skills
- You have an HBO (higher vocational education) level of working and thinking;
- You have knowledge of Caribbean Netherlands legislation. You have the skills to acquire specialist knowledge of specific focus areas in a short period of time;
- You are familiar with and have experience with the work processes of the implementing bodies in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- You will work in a political/administrative environment. You are aware of this and you know how to deal with politically/administratively sensitive topics, while showing an understanding of the mutual relations;
- The work environment is dynamic. In this context, you are able to rapidly deal with changes. You have the ability to identify these and you are flexible and creative in finding solutions;
- You have strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing, in Dutch and preferably also in English;
- You possess analytical aptitude and power of persuasion. You have the ability to quickly get to the core of the matter and you are able to properly communicate your advice/proposal, both verbally and in writing;
- You are of unimpeachable integrity;
- You have a driving licence and your own means of transport and you are able to travel independently within the Caribbean Netherlands.
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 8 and job salary scale 9 between a minimum of $2,247.00 and a maximum of $3,506.00 per month based on a 39.5-hour work week. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience;
- An end-year bonus (a so-called 13th month) of 8.33% of the remuneration, at least equalling $1,750.00;
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration;
- In-house training opportunities;
- 184 holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week);
- A relocation regulation if the applicant lives abroad.
For more information, please contact Mr G. Mensche, IND CN Unit Manager, who can be reached via (599) 715 8810 / (599) 796 0604.
Please send your curriculum vitae with cover letter, stating “job vacancy for a Chain Collaboration Policy Officer in the migration chain”, to: email@example.com.