CBS Statistical Analyst
Do you have experience in statistical processing? Do you like working on different dossiers? Do you embody innovative thinking and action? Then read on quickly.
HBO I Bonaire I 39.5 hours I P&O2019_06_003 I Closing date: July 14th, 2019
You will act as a ‘linchpin’ for the Statistics Netherlands (Centraal Bureau voor de Statistiek, CBS) office in Bonaire, you will frequently confer with your colleagues in Heerlen and The Hague to coordinate activities and procedures when required and to share information about projects. Additionally, you will work in close consultation with your colleagues at the Caribbean Netherlands office. As statistical analyst you will collect and process information to create statistics in general. Furthermore, we expect the statistical analyst to identify unknown sources which may be used to prepare statistics. You are a good networker and you can easily find your way in the CBS organisation.
- You will collect information from publicists to create statistics in general.
- You will collect and identify sources which can be used to prepare statistics.
- You will independently perform (sub)studies and analyses.
- You will provide information to policymakers, researchers and other interested parties in the Caribbean Netherlands.
- You will create StatLine tables for the CBS website.
- You will demonstrate a proactive approach by actively identifying points of attention and by suggesting improvement proposals.
- You will contribute to research and improvement proposals aimed at quality improvement and efficiency of product and service innovation.
- You will develop a good understanding of the needs and wishes of users of statistical information in the Caribbean Netherlands.
The CBS team at the Caribbean Netherlands office comprises four employees who are co-responsible for both the collection of information about the Caribbean Netherlands and for the publication and distribution of the results in the Caribbean Netherlands. They collaborate intensively with CBS colleagues in the Netherlands. The team members are committed to the work and feel responsible for the end result.
Statistics Netherlands is responsible for collecting, processing and publishing reliable and consistent statistical data to be used in practice and for the purpose of policy and science. Apart from its responsibility for the European Netherlands (official) statistics, the CBS is also in charge of creating statistics for the Caribbean Netherlands.
The information which the CBS publishes comprises a multitude of social aspects, ranging from macro-economic indicators such as economic growth and consumer prices to the income situation of individuals and households.
We are looking for an energetic colleague who can put our organisation more on the map. You are the eyes and ears of our colleagues in the European Netherlands and you are able to gain the trust of your colleagues by actively contributing ideas. You are pragmatic, decisive and you like working on different dossiers. Furthermore, you are result-oriented and you embody innovative thinking and action. We also expect our future colleague to have a good sense of humour and perspective so they can also hold their own in more difficult situations.
- You have an HBO (higher vocational education)/academic level of working and thinking
- You have experience in statistical processing and experience in analysis of large data files is considered an additional asset
- You have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- You have comprehensive experience in Excel
- You have an affinity with working in a Caribbean context
What we offer
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 9 and job salary scale 10 between a minimum of $2,579.00 and a maximum of $3,927.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience.
- Temporary appointment as a trial period for the duration of one year, with the possibility of a permanent contract in case of good performance and a positive appraisal.
- An end-year bonus of 6% of the remuneration
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 holiday hours
- A relocation scheme if the applicant lives abroad
- The CBS particularly invites candidates living in the Caribbean region or who were born here and are currently living in the Netherlands
Terms of appointment
- Temporary appointment as a trial period for the duration of one year, with the possibility of a permanent contract in case of good performance and a positive appraisal
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland
For more information about the job vacancy, please contact:
Quintin Knuf, Head of the Caribbean Netherlands office
Telephone : +599 717 -8676
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: