BCN ICT Director
Can you handle complex ICT issues?
Are you good at developing suitable solutions? Apply now!
WO | Bonaire | 39.5 hours | Job posting number: P&O2021_04_004 | Closing date: 12th of May 2021
As an ICT Director, you will be responsible for the design and development of complex (online) information supply products for all ICT matters (as well as all associated supplier management, including contract management and the supplier management of the internal central government supplier and hosting agreements). You will also lay out the choices for application development, services, and support for decision-making. You will draft decision documents when alternative choices have to be made for which no standard solutions are available. You do all this within your role as portfolio manager of Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland (Tax Office Caribbean Netherlands hereinafter B/CN). You will be expected to develop new solutions for information management, applications and ICT processes. You will also function as a project leader or program manager for the implementation of new information and ICT processes for the Belastingdienst.
The implementation of ICT processes occurs in a multidisciplinary context, where the various interests have to be aligned. These activities include setting up acceptance tests and providing a master test plan. You will also be responsible for the internal task management and distribution within the information management team. You will also supervise employees and will be in charge of setting up and monitoring authorization management. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the applications and (online) services comply with the Government Information Security Baseline (BIO 1.04).
- You will ensure the delivery of and manage complex information supply products, services and business processes across multiple platforms;
- You will initiate and consult on complex information processes and complex ICT issues;
- You will be responsible for the assessment and implementation of changes or new functionalities in complex technical platforms and business critical customer and production systems;
- You will monitor compliance with BIO including certificate and license management;
- You will make sure that the Auditdienst Rijk (ADR) is provided with the necessary audit information and you will ensure coordination with the ADR regarding the part of the audit concerning ICT systems;
- You will be responsible for drawing up implementation plans and supervising implementation and execution processes;
- You will offer solicited and unsolicited advice to management and MT members and you will do this in a way that is comprehensible to all;
- You will collect and interpret the operational information and translate it into (potential) new developments for Belastingdienst;
- You will identify bottlenecks and points for attention in operational processes and initiate adjustment and improvement proposals;
- You have experience with Business Process Management and by applying your excellent conceptual insight you will monitor the relationship between business, information and IT architecture. In-depth knowledge of business processes is of great importance for this.
- You will be the point of contact for Belastingdienst Nederland and external parties regarding this discipline;
- You will be the project manager for multidisciplinary issues relating to this discipline for Belastingdienst, the government and collaborative organizations and you will act as an information management consultant in the region;
- You will ensure that any shifts in policy objectives and innovative developments are also reflected in the portfolio and the management thereof (preventing non-compliance and divestments);
- You will monitor the budget and production planning and create progress reports for ICT development;
- You will evaluate your own working method, learn from it, and transfer new insights to the management, MT members and employees.
Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland(B/CN) is responsible for the levy, supervision and collection of government taxes, as well as the implementation of the tax and excise duty legislation on the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. All three islands have a B/CN office. B/CN is part of the Dutch Tax and Customs Authority. B/CN has a wide range of operational (online) services and is a leader in the field of ICT for the government in the region.
- A completed WO (Research University) Master's degree in Computer Science, or a Business or Public Administration degree;
- Experience in the field of portfolio management and supplier management for hosting and application development projects;
- Experience with project and development programs, including substantive team leadership;
- Experience at all stages of the development process as described in the ASL, ITIL and BiSL frameworks within the IV chain;
- Experience with service-wide adherence to the BIO or NEN-ISO/IEC 27001:2017 and NEN-ISO/IEC 27002:2017 standards;
- Excellent knowledge of the information supply in the organization, based on NORA and MARIJ;
- Experience with (interdepartmental) work and project groups for ICT development processes as well as the corresponding policies and management agreements.
- Environmental awareness;
- Organizational sensitivity;
- Analytical skills;
- Innovative and problem-solving;
- Stress resistant;
What we offer
- A competitive salary, at entry level scale 11 and job salary scale 12, with a minimum of $3,429 and up to a maximum of $5,056 per month based on a 39.5 hour workweek (to be determined according to knowledge and experience);
- A 13th month (8.33% of the salary);
- Holiday pay (8.33% of the salary);
- An proper pension plan by PCN;
- 184 holiday hours with a 39.5 hour workweek;
- A temporary appointment of one year with a view to a permanent appointment, based on BES law, good performance and a positive evaluation;
- A relocation scheme if you are applying from abroad.
- One is required to be able to submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a positive result of the medical examination, and as such this is part of the selection procedure.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement.
- The development of a case study may form part of the assessment procedure.
For information regarding this position, please contact Mr. Ruud van den Bosch, CFO/ Head of operational management , telephone number +599 781 0269.
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com