Are you a team player who is looking for a challenging and varied job, and do you want to contribute to the promotion of compliance among citizens? Do you have a great sense of justice and do you value the public good highly? Then we are looking for you!
MBO 4 | Bonaire | 36 hours | Job ID: P&O2023_03_003 | Closing date: 29th March 2023
As Bailiff you will play an important role in the interaction with citizens and companies and you will see to a smooth implementation. As Bailiff you will be the eyes and ears of the tax Office and you will have a role with a considerable amount or responsibility. We will offer you in-house training, so you will be able to perform your job duties optimally.
You will have a very extensive range of job duties. The one moment you will be collecting amounts due and conducting seizures. And the next moment you will be in direct contact with taxpayers. You will confer with your colleagues about orders which you will execute on their behalf. You will also be required to perform bailiff duties in the islands of Saba and St. Eustatius.
As bailiff you will have a role with great responsibility, in which you will be in direct contact with taxpayers. You have a great sense of justice. Transparency, collaboration and a work approach based on trust are the central focus in your work.
- You will take care of the service of enforcement orders;
- You will take care of the presentation of orders to third parties (wage, rent);
- You will seize household contents, salaries or other monies of the taxpayer;
- You will lead auction sales;
- You will visit bank branches for seizure of accounts of taxpayers;
- You will maintain contact with external (government) agencies;
- You will perform recovery investigations;
- You will engage in conversation with customers about the redemption of tax debts.
With over 125 employees, Belastingdienst Caribisch Nederland (B/CN) is responsible for the levy, supervision and collection of the Rijksbelastingen (state taxes) and the implementation of the Belasting-, Douane en Accijnswetgeving (Tax, Customs and Excise Legislation) within the islands of Bonaire, St. Eustatius, and Saba. The legislation and regulations differ from those in the European Netherlands and other Caribbean parts of the Kingdom. There are offices on all three islands.
B/CN is part of the Dutch Tax Office/Customs. B/CN has a wide range of (online) services operational and is a leader in ICT for the government in the region.
- You have completed an MBO 4 (senior secondary vocational education and training) course of study;
- You have an excellent command of Papiamentu and Dutch;
- You possess a category B driving license;
- You preferably have experience with work situations in which you had to deal with resistance;
- You are prepared to travel to the other islands of the Caribbean Netherlands.
- Power of persuasion;
- Result orientation;
- Stress resistance;
- Team player;
- Problem-solving skills.
What do we offer?
- An appointment in conformity with the Rechstpositiebesluit Ambtenaren BES (BES Legal Status of Civil Servants Decree);
- A salary in line with the market, initial salary scale 7 and job salary scale 8 between a minimum of $2,060.00 and a maximum of $3,275.00 per month based on a five-day work week of 36 hours (a pay grade based on knowledge and experience);
- A holiday pay (8.33% of the remuneration);
- An end-year bonus (a so-called 13th month; 8.33% of the remuneration, at least equalling $1,750.00 gross);
- A pension plan administered by Pensioenfonds Caribisch Nederland (PCN);
- 168 holiday hours based on a work week of 36 hours;
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of a permanent appointment in case of good performance and a positive appraisal;
- A relocation scheme for applicants not living in the island.
- This job vacancy is posted externally.
- An assessment or case study may be part of the procedure.
Terms of appointment
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (in Dutch: Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, abbreviated as VOG);
- A medical examination for admission to the pension funds;
- Dutch citizenship.
Good to know for those interested outside the Caribbean Netherlands
- The salary is in US dollars which is the official currency in the Caribbean Netherlands;
- The Caribbean Netherlands has its own tax regulations. Income above the tax-free allowance ($17,352 in 2023) will be taxed at a rate of 30.4% in payroll tax;
- Participation in the pension fund is mandatory, including a personal contribution to it;
- You are or will become a resident of the Caribbean Netherlands.
For information about this job vacancy, please contact Tania Melaan - Boezem, Recovery Team Leader, telephone +599 795 4814.
You can send your Curriculum Vitae accompanied by a motivation by email to: vacature@rijksdienstCN.com