All-round IND Officers
The Immigration and Naturalisation Service Caribbean Netherlands is looking for All-round IND Officers.
HBO| Bonaire|39.5 hours|P&O2019_06_013| Closing date: July 25th, 2019
An All-round Officer of the Immigration and Naturalisation Service Caribbean Netherlands (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst Caribisch Nederland, hereinafter referred to as IND-CN) Unit is a service provider who puts the interest of the client first and at the same time guarantees careful application of regulations. This requires a view in which service provision and enforcement are not mutually exclusive. You will work in the IND-CN Unit team, which is part of the Regular Residence and Dutch Citizenship Directorate of the IND in the Netherlands. The work area of the All-round IND Officer includes the public entities Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba.
The All-round IND Officer is responsible for the performance of both front and back-office duties, in the broadest sense of the word.
- You have knowledge of foreign nationals regulations and an understanding of all IND processes. You will provide information about the procedures either verbally at the service counter, by telephone or digitally
- You will perform duties regarding identification, which include verifying the validity of original source documents
- You will perform duties related to the service counter function
- You will manage applications for admission and naturalisation and examine applications, assess the completeness and accuracy of data, and prepare dossiers which will be sent to the Netherlands
- You will examine relevant instructions in relation to applications
- You will ensure that the applications are complete and process them in the admission system
- You will prepare draft decisions
- You will process notices of objection independently and take care of proceedings under immigration law in simple cases
The IND-CN is responsible for the implementation of the foreign nationals policy on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba. The IND-CN processes applications for the admission of foreign nationals and Dutch citizens (not being island children or tourists) who want to reside in the Caribbean Netherlands. The IND-CN also processes applications for the extension of a tourist stay and for individuals who want to become a Dutch national.
- of unimpeachable integrity
- You have an HBO (higher vocational education) level of working and thinking, in the legal field
- You have completed the Royal Netherlands Marechaussee Documentary Check training (Doc 1) or the Police Academy's Document Inspection Municipalities Module
- You have knowledge of the foreign nationals policy and regulations
- You have a command of various conversation techniques such as listening actively and asking open questions
- You have an understanding of logistics and clerical processes and an understanding of the political/administrative and social context wherein the IND-CN operates
- You have a structured approach and show accuracy in work
- You are a team player and you also have the ability to work independently, and on the basis of work instructions
- You display initiative and perseverance
- You express a representative attitude and openness
- You are stress-resistant and have the ability to switch quickly between tasks
- You have a proper command of Dutch and English, both verbally and in writing; good communication skills in Papiamentu and Spanish
What we offer
- A salary scale in line with the market, initial salary scale 9 and job salary scale 10 between a minimum of $2,579.00 and a maximum of $3,927.00 per month based on a work week of 39.5 hours. A pay grade based on knowledge and experience
- A temporary appointment of one year with the prospect of an extension of one year and in case of a good appraisal, a permanent appointment based on BES law
- An end-year bonus of 6% of the gross remuneration
- A holiday pay of 8.33% of the remuneration
- A proper pension plan administered by PCN
- In-house training opportunities
- 184 Holiday hours (based on a 39.5-hour work week)
We have a job vacancy in Saba and Bonaire, please indicate whether you are applying for the post in Bonaire or Saba.
Terms of appointment
- An assessment will be part of the selection procedure
- Submission of a Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag, VOG) and a medical examination is required
- In the event of equal qualifications, internal candidates will be given priority over external candidates.
- Dutch citizenship is a requirement to qualify for a position with the Rijksdienst Caribisch Nederland.
Would you like to receive more information?
Then please contact drs. Audrey Sandries, Sr IND Decision Officer, (+599) 7158726
You may send your curriculum vitae with cover letter to: