The Wet Uitzetting en Toelating (WTU; the Dutch Act on Admission and Deportation) stipulates a number of exemptions. This means that if people meet certain requirements, the WTU does not apply to them. In those cases, as a Dutch citizen you may apply for a Non-Applicability Declaration (NVT). You can settle freely on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba with this. This applies to the following persons:
- Dutch citizens born on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba or;
- Dutch citizens born in the Kingdom of whom one of the parents was born on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba or;
- Dutch citizens who have lived on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba since October 10th, 2009, and were registered until October 11th, 2010 or;
- Aliens who have obtained Dutch citizenship on Bonaire, St. Eustatius or Saba or;
- If the law does not apply to one of the parents, then it does not apply to the children born in the Kingdom.
For more information on applying for a Non-Applicability Declaration, please visit the Immigration and Naturalization Service page.