The Royal Netherlands Marechaussee in the Dutch Caribbean (Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius) carries out the following duties:
- Ensuring the safety of the members of the Royal Family, in collaboration with other designated bodies.
- Performance of the police duty for the Dutch and other armed forces and with respect to persons belonging to those forces.
- Performance of the police duty at the designated airports on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba as well as security for civil aviation.
- Providing assistance as well as cooperating with the police, such as providing assistance in the fight against cross-border crime.
- Performing the duties assigned by or pursuant to the Admission and Deportation Act BES performing the police duty at and near the checkpoints, as well as affording cooperation in the arrest or bringing before the public prosecutor of a suspect or convict.
- Fighting human smuggling and fraud with travel and identity documents.
- The security work for the Nederlandse Bank N.V. .
- The KMar is responsible on Saba and St. Eustatius for supporting policing in the form of law enforcement and maintaining public order.