What can I do if I do not agree with the processing of my complaint?

If you are not satisfied with the way in which the Schadefonds dealt with your complaint, within a year of receiving the letter, you can ask the National Ombudsman to set up an investigation.

Mention the following in your request to the Ombudsman:

  • your name and address
  • a description of your complaint
  • which organization your complaint concerns
  • how you submitted your complaint
  • the results of the investigation into your complaint

The postal address of the National Ombudsman is:
Antwoordnummer 10870
Tel: 0800 – 33 55 555 (on working days from 9.00 to 17.00 hrs)

Twice a year, the investigators from the National Ombudsman hold office hours on Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustatius. The places and dates of the office hours are announced via advertisements on the radio, TV and Facebook.