In order to actively prevent contamination on the island, the Island Governor takes extra measures.
The rules will enter into force on March 27th 2020 and will apply until 00:00 on April 30th 2020, unless decided to extend or repeal this emergency ordinance before that time.
Summary of the emergency ordinance:
- It is prohibited to stay on public beaches with more than 3 persons. Families with more than 3 persons living at the same address are excluded from this prohibition;
- This prohibition means that camping on beaches is not possible this year;
- It is prohibited to let events take place, to organize or create or to participate;
- It is forbidden to keep sports and fitness clubs, including swimming pools, sports halls, sports fields open;
- Casinos, nightclubs, sex clubs are closed;
- Gathering is forbidden. All entrances and exits of the airport and its terrain are secured by BIA;
- It is forbidden to keep restaurants and catering establishments open if it is not possible to keep 1.5 meters distance from the nearest person, and a maximum of 50 people are present.
- Schools are closed with the exception of the 8th grade of primary school and institutions taking (college) exams in secondary education/ high school.
- It is forbidden to keep pre- and after-school childcare open, with the exception of the pre- and after-school childcare designated by the Island Governor for parents with vital professions.
- All decisions and instructions given by the police, the Koninklijke Marechaussee or officials appointed for this purpose must be followed immediately. Failure to do so may result in detention for a maximum of three months or a second category fine.
Read the full emergency ordinance for the exact explanation per decision.